leave her alone | billy andrews

request by PandaPun22 — such a good idea tbh i love it!

billy andrews was your best friend. after he saw you sucker punch a boy for pushing you to the floor, he liked having you around. this was the start of a great friendship.

you are a fiery, spunky girl, and you caught his attention. all the girls believe you caught all the boys' attention, which was true. but the only one that mattered was billy.

you liked billy. a lot. he's funny, smart (when he wants to be), strong, cute, and most of all, protective.

one day at lunch, you were outside by the stream, trying to grab your milk without falling in. you succeeded, and gave yourself a small pat on the back. you were in a good mood up until charlie sloan swiped the milk right out of your hands.

"hey! give it back!" you exclaimed, but he just laughed and held it over his head. a crowd started to gather, including some of the girls.

"nope, don't have to," he replied. everyone laughed as he took a large drink out of your jar. your face grew red.

you didn't want to hit him, that's not who you were anymore. sure, you stood up for yourself a lot, but you just don't enjoy hitting people.

your hands shook as you looked up at him. why was he such a big bully? your head spun as you thought about how to get your jar back.

diana and ruby kept yelling at charlie to give your stuff back, but the other boys just kept shushing them. your cheeks flushed a darker red as you stood there all alone.

charlie and the other boys and josie pye kept laughing until someone walked up. and that someone was billy. thank heavens, you thought.

"hey, lay off, alright? give her back her milk," billy said, standing in between you and charlie. charlie looked perplexed.

"why? you're not the boss of me," he sniggered. billy stepped forward and got real close to charlie.

"i said, give it back. now," billy growled. charlie gulped and handed you the jar. then him and his friends quickly ran off.

billy turned to look at you, and put a hand protectively on your arm. "sorry about him. he's just dumb," billy said. you laughed.

"it's alright, boys just are that way sometimes," you said, and he gave you a soft smile.

"yeah, but you don't deserve that."

"hey, um, what's going on?" a voice said from behind you. crap, you thought. the girls are behind us!

you turned around to see josie pye and her posse standing with confused looks.

"billy, why'd you stand up for her like that?" josie asked. ruby nodded along with her.

"yeah, i'm confused. are you two...together?" diana asked quietly. you sighed, and turned to billy.

billy closed his eyes and sighed. "no, but i want us to be. whaddaya say, y/n? would you like to go out with me?" you grinned.

"it would be my pleasure," you said. he opened his eyes in awe. then he grinned and embraced you.

diana clapped her hands over her heart and squealed. ruby grinned, happy to have eliminated some competition for gilbert's heart. josie just raised an eyebrow, and jane and tillie smiled sweetly.

as the girls left, billy tilted your chin so you'd look him in the eyes. "you are the best, y/n y/l/n," he explained. you grinned and wrapped your arms around his neck.

"right back atcha," you said. you kissed his cheek and skipped off to talk to the girls.

billy stood there with his hand on his cheek for a longgggg time.

————————————————————————
a/n — it's a lil short, but i loved this request!! it was so much fun writing it, and it was so fun to see protective billy oml!!