Chapter 10: Transmigrator and Aileen (10)

Start from the beginning

[I am not abnormal ah!]

"Aren't you above normal? In short ab-normal?"

[Host Ai, are you doping me?]

"Oh, you're now copying my style eh?"

[You're my host ah, this is part of my learning.]

"Of course, learn well my Xiaoyi," she smiled indulgently.

[Ehehe... I will, Host Ai.]

All the news about the outside world was reported by Xiaoyi. Ye Ai calmly listened to her system's live commentary while she's secretly observing, feeling the world law. That thing has now merged with the new protagonist, the transmigrated Althea.

Previously, she felt the imbalance between the two and realized that it was all because Althea has been rejecting the world law, unconsciously or not, she's quite sure it's the former. Although, the world has stabilized as soon as the new soul settled in the new body it didn't mean that there wouldn't be any rejection and this came from the new soul who's still hoping to go back to her own world. But the moment Althea embraced her situation, the world law swirling around her finally was able to control her fate and thus give her the energy to provide the protagonist halo. With this, Ye Ai won't be able to touch the protagonist without revealing herself to the world law. But in return, Ye Ai may now move around in the world with much leeway than before since most of the divine law has now focused with the protagonist. It has always been like this in every world, the protagonists always had more than half of the world law with them thus they're almost indestructible. Just thinking of their plot armors and fortuitous luck, it wasn't that surprising.

And so, it came, the climax of her task.

Receiving no response from the Royal Family after a long wait, Grand Duke Vaine has started a revolt against the Crown. Together with his cohorts, they tried to seize the capital. Actually it was a good plan since they had the upper hand; they have more soldiers and allied officials, and even more public sympathizers. The problem was the Royal Family decided a total clean up. The day the mass of rebels marched towards the castle, they were trapped and received a bloody counterattack from the rear and from the sides. It was a kind of pincer attack but with guerilla tactics that prioritized weakening the enemy before staging the final act. The masthead group of the Grand Duke, blinded by the arriving success as he watched the castle shrank in terror against their momentum, never realized the happenings behind him.

Of course, the tactics used by the Royal Family came from Ye Ai since the kingdom has no experience against war and the principal officials had already disembarked the wagon of the Feudal Government. The Royal Family was left only with their most trusted allies, the Imperial Guards and other helpers. No one was ready for this attack from the Grand Duke but with the help of the same anonymous informant, they were able fight back. The bloody battle ended by the following day and the capital was bathed in crimson with the air of staled metal everywhere. Many of the rebels made it out of the encirclement but the head, the Grand Duke, and most of the instigators were killed in the battle.

It was a celebration for the Royal Family but mourning for the rebels especially the Grand Duke's only daughter. She never met her mother in this world and even if he's alone, her father raised her full of love and support. She might not recognize the man as her real father, she still recognized the good feelings the man gave her with all his might.

"Get up!"

A shrill voice woke Ye Ai from her dazed state. She has been wearing off the world law for a couple of days now and she's yet to triumph over it. She had the feeling that she should push more to get the better of her plans. But then suddenly, the transmigrated bug, the new protagonist of the world, actually decided to drop a visit to her. Was she seducing Ye Ai of killing her?