Chapter 12

Vineet fell from the bed and was about to hit the ground but Daksh held him in time and pulled him up by his waist. He laid him on the bed carefully,Vineet glared at him and shouted.

'abhi tak yahi hai tu, tujhe bola naa jaane ko.' Vineet shouted angrily and held his head in pain. He couldn't bear it, he wanted peace. 

'Kya hua?? Dard ho raha hai kya??'' Daksh asked in concern and tried to touch his head but Vineet jerked away his hand. Why is he showing concern now? 

' tujhe kya.. Mera sar hai toh ye meri problem hai.. Tujhe pareshan hone ki jaroorat nahi hai 'Vineet shouts and a moan escapes from his mouth. Daksh didn't say anything, he prepared an injection and injected it in his arm, Vineet screamed in pain.

' ahhh...nai nai.. Injection nai.'' He protested but the fluid was already inside him.

Daksh pulls out the injection and Vineet loses his consciousness as the injection was a mixer of pain killer and anesthesia. Daksh covers him with the sheet while he sits beside him in a stool. 

He looks at Dr. Maathur,

' Dr. Mathur, aap baki patients ko dekh lijiye koi jaroorat ho toh mujhe bula lijiyega.. Abhi main yahi rahunga, Vineet ke pass' Daksh said, Dr. Mathur nodded and left the room understanding his situation. 

Daksh holds Vineet's hand in his. His eyes were moist. He never wanted to hurt Vineet, he can never imagine doing any sort of that still ends up doing the same. These days, he vents out his anger on him no matter how he tries to control but nothing helps.

Daksh caresses Vineet's head softly,

'jaane kyun sab kuch bigadta chala jaa raha hai Vinu, Kahin na kahin inn sab ki wajah main hi hoon.. Sab ko hurt kiya hai meine, pehle choti, fir mom..aur aab tu... Ek tu hi tha jo aab tak saath tha aaj wo bhi kho diya meine. He hugged his hand tightly, tears rolled down his eyes. Bahut hurt kiya naa tujhe meine issliye tu itna naraz ho gaya ki apne aansu tak naa behne diye mere samne. Kaise samjhau tujhe, tera office jaana kitni badi problem laa sakti hai tere liye, main  tujhe sach bhi toh nahi bata sakta ki kyun main tujhe rok raha hoon.''

Daksh let out a deep breath trying to control his emotions,''I'm sorry dad.. I'm sorry,.main aapko  kiya hua wada nahi nibha sakka, ek acha bhai aur ek aacha beta nahi ban sakka.. I'm..'' he broke down in tears but covered his mouth immediately, he didn't want the hospital staff or any other person to know his condition. 

Flashback

Rajeev, (Daksh's father) was admitted to a hospital after the plane crash. He was admitted in ICU, his condition was very critical and there wasn't any way to save him. Rajeev wishes to see Daksh one last time. An old doctor brought Daksh in the ward, he was only 12 at that time.. His eyes were moist to see his father like that, lying on the hospital bed with life supporting machines but he wasn't showing it to his father that he is scared to see him in such a condition, he doesn't want to stress him. His father weakly smiles at him and calls him towards self. Daksh took baby steps and stood beside his bed.. 

'beta Daksh' Rajeev said weakly and lifted his hand to touch him, Daksh hold his hand immediately with his both hands

'papa!!' Daksh said as tear flip down his cheeks

Rajeev removes his oxygen mask to have a small conversation with his son.

'beta, maat ro.. Tum rooge toh tumhari...tumari maa...maa ko kon Sam..sambhalega' Rajeev said panting heavily.

'mere baad tumhe hi sabko sambhalna... Sambhalna hai... Vineet,.. Wo..  Abhi..bhi bacche jaisa hai..usse..usse.tumhe hi sambhalna hai..usse kabhi khud se alag maat karna.. aur..aur choti..usse..usse bhi tumhe hi sam..sambhalna hai.. Ek bade bhai ki tarah nahi, ek baap ki tarah..uska khayal rakhna.. Aur apni..apni mom ka dhyan rakhna... Mere badh khayal rakhna unka.. His breaths become heavy.. Main janata hoon ki..ki tumpe bahut..bahut badi zimmedari deke.. Ja raha hoon... Tum bhi abhi...abhi bacche...bacche hi ho.. Lekin mere..mere paas bhi..aur koi rasta nahi hai...tumhare siwa aur kisse..kisse bolu main.. Koi toh nahi hai jisse.. Jisse mei bol sakku.. Rajeev tightens his grip on his hand... Promise me beta...tum sabka dhyan.. dhyan rakhoge...mere baad.. Promise me.. 'Rajeev said with his trembling voice, his breaths became uneven, he started panting heavily.