"Oh, Noah, what happened? You look like you're about to do something stupid." I glare at her, but soon decide it takes too much energy to bother. She's probably right anyway. I always did act according to my emotions more than my mind. That emotion being anger.

"I didn't do it. I haven't slept in three weeks, I'm too afraid to. I dose off for about an hour and then I start seeing Veronica, so I wake up." I look down at my hands and almost regret hitting the wall an hour ago. Almost. It made me feel good. It made me feel something. Physical pain is easier to control.

"Noah, I thought Blaze killed her." I glance up at Nathan, avoiding my sisters gaze. Her pleading eyes will make me want to do stupid things, like apologize to Blaze and tell her about Veronica. That's not on the top of my priority list right now. It's not on my agenda at all. I'll tell her once I confirm my theory.

"I thought so too. I guess not." I look at the ground and see Carly's boots approaching.

"Noah, you know it's not your fault right?" The sincerity in her tone is a feeble attempt to convince me. I scoff at the sudden change of heart.

"Carls, if I hadn't said those things to her, maybe she would have stayed, you know? I mean, I was harsh and that probably pushed her to do it." I sigh and rub my face with my hands. All of this is too complicated. I can't gather my thoughts that are spiraling into two lanes. One moment, I feel like it's all my fault and I should go beg for my mate's forgiveness, and then like a light switch, I blame her.

"That's not true and you know it. She had her mind made up way before you said those things, goddess knows why. She wouldn't have left if it wasn't her own dicision." I roll my eyes at my sisters reasoning. 'Don't you think I have thought about that?', I want to yell, but Nathan's voice cuts me off.

"Yeah, Man. You can't control any woman, especially if they have their minds set on something. She probably had the idea in her head and she found it easier to leave after hearing what you had to say." I nod my head, still not completely convinced.

"You can't blame yourself and you can't turn back time. All you can do right now, is fix this with her. She's clearly torn up over whatever is going on between you two right now." I let out a bitter laugh and mutter under my breath before glaring up at my sister.

"Believe me, she didn't seem too torn up about it when she ran off to Aiden. She didn't even glance back at me. No matter what happens, I'll always come second to him and for what? He's her best friend. I'm her mate. I'm supposed to be her best friend and he has a mate. I can't imagine how Alice must feel about all of this because I am raging." I pull my hands into my chest, trying to put the emphasis on me being her mate. I growl the words, slamming my fist into the wall next to the dent from the previous time I lost my temper.

"Nathan, could you please explain my point to him?" Carly pleads, yet the strangled muffle coming from Nathan almost seems concerning if I weren't staring at his facial expression. He looks constipated and afraid.

"I love you, you know I do, but I'm with Noah on this one. She didn't tell him about the babies. She didn't talk to him about anything regarding children that are half his. It's true that when things get tough, she either runs to Aiden or runs away." Hearing it come from an outsider, I feel less guilty about not going downstairs and begging for forgiveness. At least I know now that my rationalisation isn't too far off, I can ease up on my aggression towards myself a bit.
"She doesn't even speak to him now, practically convincing the poor guy that everything is his fault and he should grovel at her feet for her forgiveness." Nathan's rant continues and I'm surprised Carly is letting him speak. I thought she would have grabbed him by his family jewels and yanked him onto her side of the case by now.
"Baby, this isn't right. Blaze needs to see that she's at least eighty percent in the wrong here. Noah can generously take his stubborness as the other twenty. I mean, if I were to find out you were pregnant four years after you ran away from me, I'd be extremely pissed off. He took it a whole lot better than most of us would, admit it. And now, he's allowing his mate to trample all over his fragile little, frosty heart." I narrow my eyes at the reference to my heart, but since Nathan is being a loyal brother-in-law, pleading my case and defending the teensy sliver of pride that I have remaining, I let it slide.