Chapt. 15: You're Beautiful

|One Month Later|
|Saturday|
|8am|
I woke up to the familiar feeling of safety yet again. For the past month the town seemed to be back to normality.
The patrolling seemed to have worked as there was no killings that had happened.

"Morning Mia, did you sleep alright?" Mary asked as she prepared the table for breakfast.
"Alright thank you. I'm so happy you're back." I smiled. There was a weight lifted from my shoulders since they came back, they made me from comfortable and that I was safe.

Unfortunately, the day they returned Mary delivered me with news that they weren't able to find the answers to the dreams I was having.
Although they stopped, there was a possibility that my dreams were meaningful and apart of me urged to find out why I was having them.

"We are too. We couldn't have came back sooner especially with what has been happening in the town." She began to hand out a plate then placed the pancakes on top.

"I think it will be best if you guys leave town. I don't want to drag you all into my mess; I couldn't forgive myself if any of you got hurt." I say with a mouth full of food.
"Mia, you're going to need all the help you can get, we're family, we help each other." Andrew spoke.

"I understand but even I don't know who or what were are up against, I'm frightened in case I lead them back to you." I swallow quickly as well as the lump in my throat.

"You're right, we'll stay but, Andrea can go to Lucinda. We can pack her bags and she'll go first thing, I don't want her to be involved." I hear Mary say as she stood behind me, cleaning some dishes.

Just then Andrea appeared from around the corner,
"Pancakes! My favourite!" She squealed in excitement.

|11:30pm|
Later that night, I walked down to my special spot; a man made cave surrounded by the ocean. The waves were calm and serene as I placed myself on the rocks. I could feel the light whistling of the wind, creating a twitch in my ears.
This was the place where it calmed me, it cleared my cluster of thoughts. Up until recently everything had been chaotic, until the past month it had settled. For some reason, my life felt oddly 'normal'-like as a human. I say human because in the human world it has been peaceful but in the wolf world, chaos continued to haunt me.

I take in a deep breath as I felt normal; inhaling in the sweet salty scent of the ocean.

For a moment I sensed the overwhelming feeling of adrenaline; it had been under 3 years since my last transformation, aside from the uncontrollable transition when there is a blood moon. I detected the urged to transform, so I placed my clothing in a safe, dry location (there was nobody around anyways).

At first I hesitated, it had been a while, I focused my anger, this was how I changed. A wolf needs to channel their most important emotion or experience in order to change.

In minutes, the pain rushed through my bloodstream creating intense agony. My bones outstretched, jawbone dislocated and developed into a vicious fanged mouth, my entire face structure transformed. Hair spurted all over, my eyes turned crimson-red.Fingernails grew at an alarming rate into razor-sharp claws, my hands were non existent. I was forced on to all fours arching my back outwards to create a painful cracking of my disjointed bones. I let out a ear-bursting grunt and stretched my ligaments into the correct position. I was no longer the woman I once been.

It took me awhile to focus and concentrate on my surroundings, hearing was clearer, my eyesight could reach up to another 2 miles straight. All my senses adjusted as I slowly made my way out of the cave. A smile grew on my face as I took off like lightening. The moon was at its highest when I could feel the warmth of my pearl while fur, reflecting off the natural light.

Sometimes my friends would question why I didn't change often. I guess the feeling of be unwanted especially the hideous creature I've become, Violet wasn't hideous though, it was her coat I am wearing but her thoughts and feelings were real and beautiful. I feel that, once I become this creature, I become an uncontrollable killing machine in situations from the wolf world. Yes, I've killed before, many times, for the right and wrong reasons. The first time I tasted the metallic red on my tongue was back when I was a pup, when my father hit me, and yes, I was in human form, and yes, it was my own blood.

I strides down the back lanes, in and out of the woods, as well as sprinting back on the beach. I did this for an hour, never becoming tired or drained.
At the time, I was unaware of my surroundings and had not realised a figure in the distance watching me, like a bird of prey.

"You're beautiful. Magnificent... incredible." A voice from behind called out.
I immediately circled around to see who it was, completely placing my guard up as they came closer out of the shadows.

The figure came closer and to a completely unexpected surprise, Ethan appeared.

Instantly, I felt ashamed and embarrassed. This man has seen my form, my despicable form.
I growl in fear, unsure of his next move. He seems to lower his head in submission as I took a few steps back.
"Mia, do not be afraid of him." Violet spoke.
"You've been quiet for so long, why do you decide to speak now?"  I question her... she becomes silent.

"It's alright. My apologies that I creeped up on you like that." He says as he sits on a nearby rock.
I turn my head in confusion, why is he so calm?

"It's 4am. I guess you have been up all night. C'mon before anyone sees you." He gestured.
I rise my head to spot the rays of light, peaking over the hills. The tide was graciously engulfing the beach.

In a few moments, I turned away to run towards the cave when he stopped me.
"Can we talk tomorrow morning?"

I swiftly nodded my head and galloped down.
My entire life, I was named a monster, hideous and disgusting.
I'm a monster. Everyone fears me.
I have killed before.

Turning back is the hardest part. Although the pain of morphing became less painful every time.

It took about 20 minutes to turn back.
I quickly changed clothes and grabbed my bag wheee it was revealed I had dozens of missed calls from Fern.
I ring her back.

It rings and rings
And rings.

Until finally an unsteady voice answered.
"Mia get your ass down to the nature reserve now. Western area you'll pick up our scent. Hurry." Fern was immediately panicked which increased my concern.

The phone ended and I sped out of the caves and towards the reserve.