Chapt. 13: Recruitment

|Tuesday|
|9am|

I drove to the police station in the town centre after I had dropped off Justin and Fern at their houses.
As soon as I arrived, I noticed not many people were there besides three officers and two loud, semi-hungover men in their jail cells.
I walked around the building to finally find Ethan's office.

I prepared myself and took a deep inhale before I was about to enter, until the door opened itself, revealing the man I had met a few nights back.
"Mia West. Hey. I didn't expect you well, here." He adjusted his tie slightly.

"You said if I needed anything to come here. That is what I'm doing. Don't act surprised that I need your help." I glance at him and walk into his office.

"Come on in..." He muttered sarcastically as I sat in the chair opposite his desk.

He closed the door behind him and walked over to sit in his chair, facing me.
"What do you need." He begins.
"Honestly I'm here for an approval if you will. Basically, last night I came up with the idea of partrolling the towns outskirts. That way, this thing will be detectable about where it's coming from and attacking the townsfolk." I straighten my posture slightly.

"Sure. I can see it working but how are you going to get the numbers?" He questioned.
"I'll recruit werewolves around town. I just need you to send the word off to them so we can form an alliance."
"It's risky Mia. Some wolves here prefer to remain in secret but I know that our people won't give up and let this thing kill more of our townsfolk. Are you willing to accept that maybe our numbers might not be enough? Perhaps we aren't strong enough."

"Since I was a pup Ethan I fought for my meals, my position, fuck I even fought against my pack. I know we've just met but I'm not loosing people I care about, I'm willing to fight. So to answer your question, yes. I accept that risk."

I knew Ethan was in deep thought, every few seconds he would look at me. Unable to find the perfect, processed answer.

"Okay. When do you want this to happen?" He finally replies.
"As soon as possible. Preferably tonight." I respond.

"Sure. I can make it happen. Is that all Mia?" He asks, he began to scan my face, looking as if there was something else I needed to say.
Indeed there was something to say but I couldn't find the right time to say it.

"That's all. Thanks." I could feel my breath quickly pacing and I had to get out before he noticed.
I began to walk to the door when he called out.
"You sure it'll work, pup?"

"I know it will, Alpha." I spoke softly and gave him a quick smile.

|1:15pm|

I decided to do an extra shift to keep myself busy for the week until the Mills returned back from their coven. Those nights felt extremely lonely without the company of them. Every night Andrea would force me to read her favourite bed time story repeatedly, she told me that she never gets sick of it because it always makes her happy and that it has a realistic ending, however, this bedtime story never had an ending but is still alive and breathing. Her story she enjoyed listening too was not mythical but almost a biography of my life. (I'd leave out the gruesome parts of course).

Whilst daydreaming, I hadn't realised that I had customers to serve so I quickly lifted my head to see two unfamiliar faces waiting patiently at the bar area.
"Apologies for the wait I was in my own world. Can I get you anything?" I smile.

"No worries, I would like the berry smoothie and some fries please." I wrote down his order and turned to the woman who had the jet black hair. No strand of discolouration which I thought was slightly strange as well as her incredibly pearl-like eyes.
"Nothing for me." She stated.

"Okay, it won't be long I can take it to your table if you'd like?"
"Sure thanks." I watched as the pair walk over to the far corner booth.

10 minutes or so later I glided over with their order.
Before getting there, my leg suddenly gave way over a spilt drink and unable to save the order I tossed it up in the air as I landed on my back. The humiliation quickly rose to my cheeks.
I mouthed under my breath harsh words until I slowly helped myself up.

"I am so incredibly sorry, I'm not usually this clumsy." I groan in slight agony.
"No worries I have my order right here." The man chuckled.

"Wait- But I'm sure I-" I couldn't recollect that I had given them their order. Something definitely made me feel uneasy about the sudden embarrassing event that just happened, something wasn't right with these two.

I slowly headed back behind the bar and I pretended to clean whist I used my unique hearing to hear their conversations.

"That was too close, why did you even do that hmm?" The man quietly shouted at the woman.
"Relax it was a bit of fun. She ain't hurt." The girl replied.
"Not the point. At least we know it's her anyway." The man quickly moved his eyes onto me which made me uncomfortable.
They knew who I was, which could only mean that they were apart of my old pack.

I immediately walked over to the pair, unprepared about what they are going to do.

"The acts up. Who the fuck are you two and how do you know who I am?" I whisper.
"Blabber mouth." The woman remarks.
"Listen we want no trouble." The man shivers.

"Normally people who say they want no trouble mean the opposite so you have 5 seconds to explain." I growl, it had been weeks since Violet took over my body.

"Ethan never told me you were a feisty one. Anyways, we are here about the recruitment. We are in Ethan's pack, he called us this morning and explained to us what has been happening. We want to put an end to this threat so it doesn't come for us next alright. We're on the same team here." The man seemed to be telling the truth as his heart rate decreased back to normal.

"I see. Well we're all meeting once the sunsets. I'm glad you're both here. I'm Mia." I place out a hand.
The man takes it and pecks it.
"Lovely to meet you Mia, I'm Wes." He smiles.

"Amanda." The woman doesn't take my hand and instead greets me coldly.
"She doesn't like to talk to new people. She's not a peoples person." He laughs.
"You're not wrong there." I reply as she shoots me a deathly glare.