Chapt. 11: Ethan Dolan

|4pm|
I awoke from my deep slumber. It had seemed I had been out for hours.
The first instinct was my eyesight. Everything seemed blurry at first but quickly distorted into objects.

The feeling of cotton and silk merging between my fingers and body immediately triggered my instinct to get up. I pushed myself up with ease however, my head didn't agree with me and ached as soon as I tried to stand.

When I looked around it seemed like a bedroom. The decor was a fanciful colour of a rich red and cream walls and luscious dark, soft carpet. Despite the beautiful decor, the furniture seemed quite vintage. However, the only negative was that the windows were covered in metal bars.

I had no time to waste and decided to head for the door which was on the other side of the huge room. I made a run for it. Or tried too.

As soon as I moved my legs a heavy feel made my legs weak. I looked down to see a metal chain strapped to both of my ankles. No matter how hard I pulled and chewed on them, they didn't break. A wolf like me with incredible strength couldn't even break the chains that were melted into the wall.

I slouched myself against the bedpost. Feeling defeated and aching from head to toe, I lay my head between my legs. Hoping this wasn't real. How someone like him could defeat someone like me.

Hours seemed to pass by. Millions of thoughts sped through my head in hopes for an answer.

A knock came from the door and then entered the man who had took me.

"Glad you're awake, you've been out for hours."
"Who the fuck are you? Why am I here?" I spat at him and let out a low growl.
"You should feel lucky. After all I'm keeping you alive right now." He snarled back.

By this time my hairs on my back stood high and my eyes glowed like glow stone.

"By keeping me hostage? Chaining me to a wall? Is this some sick kinky joke?" My thought process was too muffled to understand what was going on.

"I'm not the bad guy here. I need you. I know we just met..." The man hesitated.

"Spit it out." I commanded with force. I rolled back on my back and on the bed, feeling exhausted and defeated.d

"There's danger lurking in Hollow Bay. It's killing humans; and wolves." The powerful almighty alpha, shrunken and grew weak.

"I don't understand why you have to chain me as a prisoner just to tell me this information." I rolled my eyes, I was concerned about my wellbeing and my family however whatever or whoever it is, I know I would protect my loved ones till my last dying breath.

"You wouldn't get it; you're an amateur pup. I'm trying to look out for you. Everyone in this town are in danger; including your family." He pushed his concerns.

"Why do you care so much? I've been in this town for a while now and I haven't came across your face ever in this town."

"I've recently moved here actually, I'm an agent working with the police enforcement to see what is behind these killings." He spoke.
"You're an alpha slash detective man. Sounds like a horrific fan-fic gone wrong." I smirked.

Immediately he rolled his eyes at my comments and replied,
"Hmm maybe because I'm trying to keep a low profile around here." He mirrored my action back.

"What's your name alpha and maybe we can work together to help our town?" I suggested.

"Ethan Dolan." He extended his arm towards mine and I firmly took it.

I could see he was a worthy alpha already, he was cooperative but decisive, extremely handsome with a twinge of insecurity. He unchained me and we began talking, face to face, no chains, nothing to hold me down.

We talked for what it seemed for hours,
"Are you the only wolf in this town?" Every sentence had a question, as if he was trying to figure me out like a puzzle.

"No, there are others like us, and also different but in a good way." Despite living in the human world, my English vocabulary was only limited.
"What do you mean different?" His brows furrowed.

"There are witches."

Ethan's eyes widened. The idea of witches made him uncomfortable for some reason.
He quickly shrugged it off.
"You know about them? They are normally secretive about themselves."

"What do you know about them?" He continued.
"Why should I tell you. I'm not telling you anything about my personal life." I huffed.

"I understand. I'm a stranger to you but I want you to trust me. We are on the same team here." He leaned forward in his chair adjacent to the bed where I was sitting comfortably on.

"I think we are doing for today. I don't see you as a threat or not that I know yet." I slowly stood up.

He raised his hands in a surrendering position.
"I can assure you I'm not."

"Well then you can let me leave." I shot a small smile.
"Very well. I'll be in touch however, in case there is any vital information have for you. Also, I'm normally at the police station every day so if needs be, you can find me there."
He stands up and I follow him around his house like I was in a maze until we got outside.

"For the record, please don't semi-kidnap me again." I say as I placed on my jacket.
"My apologies, I don't normally kidnap beautiful girls like yourself. I just needed to make sure you weren't capable of killing." He smiled.

I blushed slightly at his comment but quickly ignored my reaction.
"Well you see Ethan, I am capable of killing when it needs to be done, but I want to stay in this town for good and I'm planning too so I am no threat to you or our people."

"Thank you for clearing that up for me. I'll see you around yeah?" He asked, I nodded and began to walked away.