Chapter 33

"Have you started planning the wedding yet?" Jay asked as he put his shirt on.

"I meet with the planner later today," Beyoncé answered.

"Have you thought of a date?" Jay asked.

"I was thinking April of next year, I'll have to talk more about it with the planner," Beyoncé said.

"Can you come to fix my tie?" Jay asked as he struggled to put his tie on.

Beyoncé laughed as he struggled, "You nervous?" she asked walking up to him.

"Not really," he said.

"I am," Beyoncé confessed as she tied his tie.

"Don't be, the lawyer said the most I should get is probation."

"We're playing Gucci's game, Jay. We don't know what could happen."

"Stop being so negative, everything will be fine," he kissed her forehead trying to reassure her.

"Yeah, everything is always fine," she mumbled.

Beyoncé and Jay got back from spending a week in Paris, yesterday. They would've stayed longer but Jay had to attend his court date. Beyoncé was extremely nervous, she didn't know what to expect.

"You ready B?"

"Yeah."

Beyoncé and Jay took a 30-minute drive to the courthouse where they met Dave and Tommie, Nicki and Jayceon, and Brianna and Jacob.

"You ready to beat this case bro?" Dave asked Jay.

"Hell yeah," Jay said.

"Let go beat this case then."

After a very long and complex case, the jury finally decided on the verdict.

The judge looked at the jury then at Jay, "Shawn Carter has been found guilty of possession and trafficking of illegal narcotics and is sentenced 10 years," he said followed by the banging of his gavel.

Everyone was lost for words, speechless. Beyoncé covered her mouth with her hand and began sobbing. She couldn't believe yet again someone was taken from her.

Jay rushed to Beyoncé and hugged her tightly as she cried in his chest.

"Why me?" Beyoncé cried into his chest.

"I'm so sorry Bey, I'm sorry."

"10 years? What the fuck am I supposed to do for 10 years? I can't take care of 2 babies alone. They won't even know their father because I refuse to have them visit you in jail. My life is over," Beyoncé rambled.

"This isn't the end Bey, just hold it down for me," Jay said.

"It's time to go," the officer said.

Beyoncé looked Jay in his eyes, "I'll be yours until the day I die."

"I love you, Beyoncé Knowles-Carter."

"I love you, Shawn Carter."

Jay said his goodbyes to everyone before it was time for him to go. Beyoncé drove back to her penthouse alone. Brianna offered to ride with her but Beyoncé didn't want to be bothered with anyone, she wanted to be alone.

Beyoncé entered her penthouse taking off her heels, and throwing her keys and purse onto the floor by the elevator.

"Here I am alone yet again," Beyoncé chuckled to herself.

I need a drink but I'm pregnant... Fuck it, a glass of wine wouldn't hurt anybody. At least I don't think it will."

Beyoncé poured herself a glass of wine and headed to the living room to watch tv.

"Why?! Why Derek?! Derek is dead and now Meredith is lonely like me! Meredith, I feel your pain but my guy isn't dead so it's not exactly the same but that's not the point. The point is we're alone," Beyoncé cried as she watched Derek's death from the show Grey's Anatomy.

I'm so drunk," Beyoncé laughed, "When have I gotten tipsy from wine? What is happening to me?"

Beyoncé continued to watch tv until she got a phone call from the front seat stating that someone was here to see her.

"I can't catch a break," Beyoncé said as she got up.

Beyoncé slipped on her slides and took the elevator to the lobby to see the unknown visitor.

"She's over there," Kevin pointed to the girl sitting down.

Beyoncé frowned when she saw the girl. Everything about her was too much for Beyoncé and bad enough Beyoncé didn't know who she was.

 Everything about her was too much for Beyoncé and bad enough Beyoncé didn't know who she was

"Um, you asked for me?"

"Are you Beyoncé?" the girl asked.

"Yes, and you are?"

"Winter."

"Who?"

"Winter."

"Like the season?"

Winter began to say something smart but decided against it, "I'm here to see Jay but he hasn't been answering my calls so I came here and was told I had to speak with you. Who are you?"

"I'm Jay's fiancée. Who are you?"

"I'm Jay's baby mother," Winter answered tilted her head to the side and smiling.

~~~~
❓What do you think about Jay's sentence of 10 years

❓What do you think of Winter popping up all of a sudden? Do you think she's lying

📍Plot twists are fun right 😬
This book will be ending very soon.

✨Don't forget to comment and vote!