chapter 28: "My happiness lies with a poor man"

Anna's pov
Flashback
"Annabeth you are going to marry him and that's final" my father shouted at me.

"No father, I do not agree with this arranged marriage, I do not want to marry Mr Thompson's son" I argued refusing to lose this battle. I have never talked back to father, I always let him decide whatever he wants, but no he will not be the one to choose my life partner, I will never allow that.

"Annabeth I know what is best for you and I know that Evan is a lovely young man who will never let you suffer, he will provide all your needs and money will never be an issue. I have no doubt about that. Your mother will want this for you"

"Don't you dare drag my mother into this, my mother will always support me, and money isn't everything, it doesn't matter if you have billions, no amount of billions will give you happiness father, I am seeking for love, and I do not care if it lies with a poor man, together we will be happy father. I will never marry Evan Thompson. Never!!" And with that I went straight to my room leaving my father speechless.

Also true to my words I found happiness with a poor man. The love of my life

Andrew McClain
End of flashback

Maddie's pov
After 2 full minutes of silence, Bryan decided to talk.