chapter 21: I misjudged you✔

"I think you should leave and come back later, she's asleep" I could hear Bethany say.
After blinking rapidly, I was finally able to open my eyes and lo and behold, standing in front of me was Bethany, Josh and Sydney.

"Wait she's awake" Sydney pointed out.

"Hey Maddie, how are you feeling"  she asked me, I was about to say 'like a cancer patient' but I decided against it, instead I settled for

"I'm feeling fine" oh what irony.

"Hey josh, are you going to stand there all day" I told him jokingly. He simply let out a short laugh and walked over to my bed.

"Hi maddie, school has been strangely odd since you left though" he told me, making me smile a little.

"So um maddie someone wants to see you" sydney said

As I looked at my door, I saw keeley, yes keeley the mean one, Josh's twin. Believe it or not, she was standing by the door looking regretful.

"Hi maddie, I'm here to apologise, I misjudged you and it took time to realize that I was simply following the trend, since everyone hated you, I decided to join in, and I was a big bitch to you, I"m sorry"

Honestly I don't think that I expected that, but who am I to judge or hate anyone, humans are imperfect, they have different personalities, and have different reaction to certain situations. So at the end I did forgive her, and she seemed relieved to know that.

In a few days, it was time for chemotherapy and I needed a bone marrow donor for the transplant, Cole donated is bone marrow and I don't think that I have ever cried that much in my life, I realised that I meant so much to him and that was a very overwhelming feeling.

Now today, chemotherapy officially started for me, and if you think that chemotherapy is dreadful you are partially right but I believe the right word for it is 'scary', yes it is. I mean I cannot count the amount of things injected into me today, tubes were all around me, and so many people with white labcoats and blue nose masks.

I feel horrible, I puke more than an average person should which should be normal because I'm a cancer patient, I'm skinny and the most horrifying part is that , I'm bald, yup you heard me right I'm bald, well it was actually Sydney and keeley's idea, because my hair kept falling and I had patches all over my head,so they helped me shave it all of with the help of bethany, they assured me that I still look great, actually I think that me being sick actually brought my friends and family closer as absurd as it sounds actually it's true, I, Bethany, keeley, Josh, cole, my parents and even Bryan are a lot closer.

" chemotherapy treatment is over now, you are not fully treated, but you can go home now and come back in a months time, we've been able to get rid of the abnormal spread of white blood cells, by tomorrow you will start to feel the side effects of the chemo like nausea and vomiting, but for now go home and spend time with your family, if there are any complications come straight to the hospital  " doctor taylor told me, I hated this woman at first but now I don't because truly she's trying to help, although I hate the way she looks at me like a broken girl.

So I took her advice, Cole came to pick me up early and I went back home, it felt strange at first, stepping into a place that I haven't been in a while, because I was so accustomed to the hospital. My parents were in the living room, both giving me a warm smile, soon enough I ran over to hug them, gosh I have missed them so much , after, it was time for dinner, we made small talk, and I enjoyed every moment of it.  Then I felt nauseated and puked as soon as I took my third bite, now I finally understood what doctor taylor was saying, my mum rushed in with me making sure I was okay, I could see the tiredness in her eyes, her cheeks were red and her eyes were puffy like she's been crying a lot, and I felt terrible knowing I caused this, suddenly I couldn't take it anymore, I couldn't stand the sorrow and sadness I brought to my family and friends, I hated every second of it, why me?

"Honey are you okay?" My mum asked me for the third time since I arrived, I simply nodded.

_________________________________________________
Hey there, long time no update right, lets just say I had a major writers block and then I re-read the story from the start and was like wow it sucks. Anyways, today makes a year since I've been writing this book 'so cheers' although I don't think that I put enough effort into it, but after I'm done, I'm going to re-write it sort of.

Vote, comment and share.

Also I need more friends on wattpad, really, the ones I have here are either in boarding school or they are just not active..... Arghhhh.
Private message me if you want.

Toodles.
Your lovely muffin author