chapter 20: some sort of realisation✔

So yeah I found that I wasn't allowed to go back to school until after chemotherapy and I also found out that I needed a bone marrow donor to do the transplant (whatever that means).

This morning I went to shower and cleaned my self a bit and when I looked into the mirror, I screamed. It seemed like I was going through some kind of hair loss stage,because my hair was falling of, yes it was literally falling of. Fan-fucking-tastic.

I hurriedly left the shower and wore my clothes before heading back to the bed.

I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come in" I said.

And to my suprise my mum walked in along with Cole and my dad, they were all smiling at me sheepishly.

"Hi honey, how are you doing, I came to see you yesterday but you weren't awake" my mum said first and all I did was smile.

"Mads, what happened to your hair" cole asked pointing at my head which caused my parents to also look there, just in time Doctor Taylor walked in with her stethoscope round her neck.

"It isn't anything to be worried about, if chemotherapy is successful, your hair might grow back, this is simply one of the symptoms and complications for a leukemia patient" the doctor said.

Honestly, I'm really starting to dislike her , it's like she is always looking for an opportunity to taunt me, and she always gives me the BOD (benefit of doubt) about everything, what does she mean by "if chemotherapy is successful,your hair might grow back"

My parents nod understandingly at her.

"When does chemotherapy start again" cole queried breaking the silence.

"It starts next week" doctor taylor answered before continuing "and the tendency of you getting infected is really high, meaning that anyone coming here will have to put on a nose mask at all times and the door and window should be closed as well"

"We understand that, also I really want to thank you for taking care of my daughter, I really appreciate that" my dad said, finally talking for the first time since he got here.

"No need to thank me Mr Thompson, I'm simply doing my job, for now I suggest we all leave and let maddie rest for a bit, she needs all the rest she can get now, next week will be really tough for her and it will be a miracle if she can actually sleep at all, but I know she will be strong " she replied.

As everyone was about leaving my room, cole turned back "hang in there baby sis, I know you can do it, don't try to be selfish, if you're not living for yourself, then live for your family, next week is going to be tough, be strong for us , honestly I can only imagine what you're going through right now,  but I want you to know that I would switch places with you in an heartbeat, but that's not possible, just remember we love you, I love you maddie" he said before walking out the door and closing it behind him.

I didn't even realise that I had started crying until I felt my face wet. Maybe I have been selfish, maybe I misinterpreted everything, but one thing I know right now is that I am lucky to have a loving family, and it's quite unfortunate that I am just realising that now.

So right now I do something that has become a constant in my life.

Sleep.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"Hi Maddie, how are you feeling" bethany asked as she entered the room.

"I feel like a truck drove over me" I told her honestly.

"I can only imagine, anyways have you eaten" she asked looking concerned.

"Nah, I've actually stopped eating, since everything that goes into my stomache simply comes back up" I said.

"Wow, I feel you girl, oh and before I forget, a girl, i think her name is Sydney and another guy I can't remember his name, came earlier but you were asleep"

I was actually wondering why I hadn't seen Sydney yet, and Bryan certainly doesn't understand what it means to give someone space.

"Okay, thanks for telling me"
___________________________________________________
Gosh I feel like crying right now. I really hope chemotherapy goes well for maddie.

Oh and there are about 7-10 chapters left.

Pls vote,comment and share