ENDING

So I'm going to start this off saying thank you guys for the 1.k reads!

A long time ago when I first published this book I promised once I hit 1k I would make an alternative ending. In this ending is the way it was supposed to end. I hope you enjoy reading the book the way I planned it to end!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex's POV

As I sit in the chair beside my sleeping prince, sulking I decide. It's time to start moving on. It has been a year.. he still hasn't woken up.

Before I could even finish what I was thinking his hand twitches. I look at his face to see his eyes slowly open, twitching.

Something's not right though. His eyes roll back and he starts to shake. Without a second thought I press the button on the wall and start yelling for a doctor.

"NICOTINE!" I sob out still holding his hand. "BABY STAY WITH ME!" I scream only to be slowly pushed to the side of the room by rushing doctors.

"Hurry we need to get him sedated-"

Slam!

The door to his room shuts in my face.

Nicotine.. my baby.. please be alright!

I drop to my knees and start sobbing. After all this time the only time he moves and it's like this.. I wanted to see a smile when he woke, I wanted to see his beautiful smile.

After what felt like hours the doctors walk out of the room.

"Alex?" The doctor says as I stand up, collecting my thoughts. The door swings from open and shut untill it's fully shut. In those few short moments of swinging I see nicotine with a blanket over his head. Entai breaks from my hand and runs into the room. I only stand in silence as the doctor speaks to me.

I am not listening to what he is talking about, I already know. Nicotine is dead. My husband. The love of my life now lay sleepless on the hospital bed.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I snap out of my daze.

"I'm sorry about your loss." The doctor says softly, handing me the broken expression Entai. I guess even Entai understands what has happened.

Without any further speaking I make my way out if the hospital. I don't stop walking for what seems like forever. I didn't even hesitate to leave my car.

After a while I come across a pet store. I guess I will stop here for a moment.

"Entai, wait here, Daddy needs to get something." I say, tying the leash to a pole nearby.

Once I enter the store I walk straight to the back where they hold the fish.

"Can I help you today?" An overly happy girl asks me. I assume she works here, she looks just out of highschool too.

"I need a koi." I state smiling fakely.

"Sure thing, just pick the one you want and I'll bag it up for you."

My eyes wonder around the koi tanks untill I see a large koi in a tank of it's own.

It's perfect.

"I want that one." I say pointing at the large one.

"Are you sure? That one is rather large."

"Yeah." I say shortly.

"Alrighty then I'll ring you in."

~~~~~~~~~

I exit the store with my newly bought fish, examining it. The color of it's scales we're almost exactly like nicotines eyes.

It's beautiful.

I choke back a sob and keep walking. Untill my feet almost give out I keep walking. Before long I come across a field with a small pond.

I set the bag in the water and tie a string around the top with a rock on the other end so it doesn't float away.

Trees rustle.

Wind sings through the grass.

Tears pour down my face as I dip my finger into the still water, causing rings of water to form away from my finger.

In the distance I see a large koi swimming alone in the water.

I smile and cut the bag holding the new fish, releasing it into the waters.

"There, now your not alone." I say breaking down to a full sob.

"Now we aren't alone." I cry out, pulling a bottle out of my pocket.

Filling my mouth with the medical mints I cup some pond water with my hands to help them go down.

After all these years who knew having a sleep disorder would help me at the end of my rope.

Soon I'll be with you nicotine.

I unhook Entais leash.

Entai barks loudly running off into the distance.

Finally I'm at piece.

⭕⭕⭕⭕⭕⭕

So that's the end of the book, I hope you liked it and thank you so much for all the support!! ❇️❇️