ch.2

Thump!

I rolled out of bed, hitting the quite hard wooden floor of my messy floor. With a goan I pull myself off the floor to check the clock that lies on my side table, surrounded by books and nik-nacks. 5pm.

Wow I slept all day.. My eyes trail up to my bed where a shirtless version of my best friend lies. His messy hair draped over his closed eyes. Cheeks puffy with sleep.

He's slept long enough! I throw a shoe from the ground and it hits tip first into his stomach, making him July out of bed with a surprised yelp.

Thump!

He rolls straight onto a pile of CD's

"Ow!" He exclaims, rubbing his back. "What was that for?!"

"It's 5:03 pm time to wake up, pal." I reply with an eye roll.

"Oh."

"Yeah" I peek back over the bed to find he isn't over on the other end any longer.

Thump!

He tackles me, tickling me breathless.

"No! Hah~ s-stop it!" I screech between fits of laughter, attempting to pry his hands away from my sides when suddenly there was a weight on my chest.

The basterd is sitting on me!

"Get of your gonna crush me- gah!" I choke out moving to push him off but instead end up pinned to the ground.

A blush creeps its way up to my ears as I look at his eyes. Their so blue, like the sky. Need the center is a splash of ocean blue, calling me in so I can drown in his gaze.

"Are you sure your not sick? Your face is pretty flushed." He states, voice full of worry.

"N-no I'm fine, I'm just-" his hand brushes the hair out of my forehead, and he presses his forehead against mine.

ThumpThumpThump

My heart rate picks up and he pulls away.

"You don't have a fever.." He says, still close enough that I can feel his breath against my face.

"You guys missed breakfast and lunch, I'll be damned if your missing dinner as well!" A voice rings from outside my door.

Alex immediately jumps off me, looking at me with a look I can't decipher. Is he.. Is he blushing?!

My mom opens the door, me and Alex sit criss cross on opposite sides of the room, our flustered faces turned down.

"Well go on to the table!" She scolds. Alex basically runs out my bedroom door, I speed walk but my mom catches my arm.

Alex turns around with a worried glance, but my mom excuses it with a wave of her hand.

"You go ahead Alex! I need to have a word with Nikki." She said cheerfully, yet it brings an uneasy feeling to my stomach.

Once Alex is out of my sight my mom grins at me.

"You like him don't you?" I blush brightly. Its not a shock that my mom knows I'm gay, I remember the day I came out to her.

Flashback⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫

My stomach dances as I step closer to her bedroom.

There was another car in the driveway, maybe its best if I don't tell her. I don't know if I'm ready to tell anyone other then her if there's guests..