Ch. 1

AN: shout out to Vinny c;;;

The car drive home was a long one, Alex and my mom were talking about scholarships most of the ride.

A familiar hand taps on my shoulder.

"Hey Nico, you okay?" Alex asks, concern painted across his face.

"Oh! Yea I'm just a little tired. Waking up at 3 in the morning isn't exactly how I plan to start my day, yakno?" I chuckle lightly and smile at the taller man.

His hand ruffles my hair, "Yea I guess I could have booked a later flight." He laughs a laugh filled with honey.

"So how have things been. I know we still talked over Skype but fill me in on the juicy details!", I gleam.

" Well I had to break up with my girlfriend. I'm not one for long distance relationships." Girlfriend? I didn't know he had a girlfriend.

"Girlfriend?" I ask, cocking my eyebrows.

"Didn't I tell you? Me and Audrey have been together for about a year I'm surprised I never told you, it must have slipped my mind." A YEAR?!

"That's a long time.." I state uneasily.

"Awe is little Nico mad I didn't tell him?" He patronizes me, pulling me into a tight hug.

"No just a little surprised is all!" I lie.

Rolling his eyes he smiles a wide toothy grin.

"You don't seem very upset about it." I think aloud, earning a chuckle and a light punch to my shoulder.

"She took it pretty hard but to be honest I could care less" he says dropping his voice a little.

"Alex..?" I say poking his cheek lightly.

"Hm?" He mumbles, pulling his gaze from his feet and locking it with mine.

"Nothing."

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

"We're home!", my mom chants cheerfully. I don't even know how that woman has so much energy.

" Its like...", I glance at my phone clock and scoff. "Almost 6am I'm going to bed!" I groan at my mom.

"Then your gonna miss breakfast!" She drawls, spinning around the kitchen fetching supplies.

"I'll pass." I state plainly, making my way upstairs. I can't eat with the thought of Alex not telling me about his girlfriend. We were basically born friends why wouldn't he tell me.

"WAIT UP!" Alex yells from the bottom of the stairs, running up when a step catches his food, causing him to fall face first into the carpeted staircase.

I suppress a laugh and walk, so I don't trip as well, to help him up.

"If you were trying to get my attention, bravo, you succeeded." I chuckle, pulling his arm.

He pouts and hugs me tightly.

"NICOOO. THE STAIRS ATTACKED MEE!", he whines.

" No your just an idiot who runs up steps." I state flatly.

"Your so mean!" He whines. "Besides, I was coming up to say that I'm going to nap with you!"

"Oh.. Well we don't have your bed set up yet.. I guess we can set that up first-" immediately I get cut off, rude much?
"I can sleep with you!" He states.

Whaaa! We haven't done that since we were kids! Why would he even think such a thing!

"Are you okay? Your face is a little red." He says placing his hand against my forehead, only causing my face to redden more.

I swat his hand away and scowl at him.
"Fine you can sleep with me." His face lightens up instantaneously. "BUT!" His smile drops "We sleep top and tail" he agrees with a quiet groan, that only brings a smile to my face.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

"GIVE ME ANOTHER PILLOW, YOU JERK" he whines.

"Nah." I draw out my 'h' smirking at him as I lay on my 3 fluffy pillows and he lays on his single flat pillow.

"Fine." He says, crossing his arms and laying his back.
I take this opportunity to pull the blanket further around myself.

A tug on the blanket keeps me from doing so.

"YOU HAVE ALL THE PILLOWS YOU CANT TAKE THE BLANKET TOO!!" he chokes out, frowning. With a final tug I got the blanket from him, leaving him to fend for his own warmth.

It becomes quiet for a moment then soon afterwards I hear shuffling. I look to the end of the bed and realize he's no longer there. Next to me however, the bed sinks slightly, reveling Alex, laying on my side of the bed.

"HEY!" I began to protest but instead I'm pulled into a warm embrace.

"Just go to sleep."

And just like he asked, I did.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
This is a short chapter with 750 words compared to the prologue that has over 1000 words ik ik sue me.

ANYWAYZZZ~

How's it going so far I think Alex is a little childish but it evens out Nicotine's skeptical personality don't ya think?

Comment vote ect