Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

I stood next to Carlisle and Jasper, staring at the spot that the newborns would emerge from. Rosalie and Alice were flocking our sides, both stiff as broads, with Emmett and Esme a few standing back. There werewolves were hidden in the trees, waiting to make their appearance under Sams unders.

It didn't take long for all chaos to break out.

The newborns appeared our before eyes, eyes flashing a dark blood red color. Their skins glittering from the sunlight as looks of hungry appeared onto their faces. They wouldn't be skilled in combat like us but they would have strength on their side.

They would be slightly strong and faster.

Grinning I was the first to greet the newborn army, my hands wrapping around head before tearing it off. The sound of cracking filled the air for only a second. The army stopped confused before they attacked.

Jasper appeared by my side, wolves coming from the trees.

We fought for our family.

We fought for the humans.

We fought for one another.

Any newborn that tired to get away failed. Leah or Sam would take the runners.

Paul didn't work well with the others that tried to help him take any of the ones he caught down.

Alice moved around to the areas that she could see, if she could see anything. I knew the werewolves were missing with her visions.

Jasper did everything he could to make sure that his mate was okay.

I ducked, feeling the fabric on my shirt rip. A hiss of my own appeared as I once again tore another head off.

These newborns were nothing compared to the Volturi.

I was thrown into a tree, getting hit and knocked away from the newborn I had just killed. Esme started a fire to help get rid of the bodies that were piling up. My eyes flashed to the male that rammed into me, a snarl escaping pass my lips.

Moving forward I meet it halfway feeling as it got the upper hand and wrapped it's hands on one of my arms. A scream escaped me as the skill the vampire showed, my feet leaving the ground before I collided with another body. A growl came from the wolf that I was thrown into.

Not bothering to apologize or look I quickly got back to my feet, feeling as the blood ran down my arm. For a second I watched as everything froze before heads snapped in my direction.

Two wolves threw themselves between me and the newborns, growls ripping from the chest at the vampires that remained. A felt a cold hand touch me, alerting me to Carlisle's sudden appearance.

"I'll be fine." I said, my eyes scanning over the five that remind.

I watched as everyone finished four of them off while they were distracted.

"Stop!" I shouted, walking towards the fifth that sat on the ground begging us not to hurt her.

She didn't want to be here. She wasn't going to hurt Bella, or that's what she claimed.

I believed her.

"I'll take full responsibility for her." I said, looking at Carlisle. "Just don't kill her."

He nodded. "I believe that she could become one of us as well." He said, a look in his eyes.

I could tell that he didn't want to kill her.