Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

A howl echoed through the night air, greeting me. Looking up from the fresh body I knew that one of the wolves had seen me kill someone. Looks like the cat was out of the bag a lot sooner than I expected.

I thought it'd take them at least five minutes.

Turning I took a step towards the house before noticing someone staring at me.

"Edward." I said, seeing the look on his face.

He appeared to be in pain.

Before I had the chance to understand what the male wanted or why he was staring at me with such emotions that I couldn't place, I found a pair of cold hands touching my face before a pair of lips were crushed into mine. My hands moved, pulling the male closer to me as my heart started to thunder in my chest.

This was what I wanted.

I wanted him to kiss me and love me. I wanted him to return my feelings. I wanted him to realize that I was better than the human Bella.

While she would die from her fragileness I would be alive.

As his hands moved from my face it dawned on me that this wasn't what I was trying to make it out to be. He was trying to trick me and I didn't know why.

Confused and hurt I pushed him back, tears feeling my eyes.

He was trying to use me again.

"What the hell!" I shouted, giving him no time to react as I slammed my fist into his face. "I know you still love that human, so why the hell are you kissing me you idiot!" I demanded, not understanding him.

Pain twisted my heart.

Edward looks startled. "You killed someone! We can't have you walking around without your humanity." Edward tried, looking behind me.

"He tried to kill me!" I growled. "Why did you kiss me!"

"To bring you back to your senses!" Edward snapped.

"Oh, so kissing someone that isnt your girlfriend is perfectly okay! You bastard!" I once again slammed my hand into his face wishing that he would bruise.

Seeing him turn black and blue would no doubt make me feel better.

"I hate you!" I snarled at him.

"Belle!" He reached out to touch my arm. "I'm sorry."

I flinched, stepping away from him.

"Unless you want the humans to find this you should hurry and clean it up." I growled, disappearing into the words.

Nothing gave him the right to do that. Nothing gave him the right to continue to use my emotions against me.

I hated that I loved him.

I hated that I almost fall for his trick.

I hated that I couldn't hate the human that was keeping him from me.

Why couldn't I erase my emotions and feelings for him.

Why couldn't I just be free of him.

Why can't he love me?