Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

It was early morning when I caught a unfamiliar scent in the area. If it hadn't been for the smell surrounding it I would've left it alone thinking that maybe it was just someone passing through.

My hand fall to my pocket, pulling the phone out as I followed the scent. I knew that the person was still close by and that I needed to pick up the pace if I didn't want to lose them.

The phone rang a couple of times before someone answered.

"Hello?"

My eyes scanned the area. I didn't hear a heartbeat but the scent was getting fresher.

"Alice." I greeted. "Do you see anyone visiting us?"

Alice didn't answer, probably searching for me. I knew already that Edward was asking so much of her and felt a ting of guilt that I was doing the same. It wasn't free that she couldn't get a moments rest.

"No." She answered.

"I need you to get everyone together. I'll be there shortly." I ended the call before Alice could ask what was going on.

If I hadn't visited Sam once again I knew that I wouldn't have bothered to come through Forks and check on things. I would've been at the Cullen's house with Alice and them, either still sleeping or playing chess.

A week had passed since Sam wanted to talk to me. He and his pack wasn't allowed to harm me unless they could very well prove that I was a threat to them and the humans around us. But that didn't mean he couldn't try to lay some ground rules.

Paul - the gray wolf that attacked me - agreed with Sam on just ending my life. He was one of the few that seemed to hate my guts as much as they hated the Cullen's. It was strange but nice that he saw me the same as them.

Sam had me going to his land at least once a day. Of course for the moment I was playing along with it. Being the nice little vampire and listening.

I meet the others in his pack.

Jacob Black - the rightful Alpha.

I already knew the boy from before leaving town. Of course at that time he hadn't been a wolf. He had still been a human.

Jared Cameron.

Paul Lahote.

I wasn't going to be so forgiving for him. He shouldn't have attacked me.

Embry Call.

Quil Ateara.

Leah Clearwater.

Seth Clearwater.

Brady Fuller.

Collin Littlesea.

I didn't feel any better knowing that there were more then just three to Sams pack. I down right hated knowing that there were so many of those creatures that I couldn't possible explain and that was so different from what I was used to.

Sam asked questions, trying to figure out how much of a threat I was. He wanted to know how long I lived and what I hunted. I lied on both answers unwilling to put my life on the line because they wanted to kill anything that touched human blood.

Apparently drinking human blood was against their way of living and if I "so much as touch a drop" of human blood, it'll be the last of me. Poor Sammy didn't already know that I was breaking his way of living.

I had Mike.

The trees disappeared as I found myself on a road. A car sat running, the door opened for the person I was chasing. My eyes locked with a pair of red ones the scent of Bella reeking from the items he held.

Why did they need Bella's scent?

My hand wrapped around his threat before he could get the door closed, my instincts telling me that I should be paying attention to everything around me and not just this one vampire. I bared my fangs at him, revealing to him my true face in seconds.

Then I smelled it.

Looking away from the boy my eyes fall on her as pain shot throw me. A snarl leaving my lips as I was pushed backwards and out of the car, a wound in my chest were one of my lungs would be.

Her laughter filled my mind, her hair the same red it was that night I was so close to catching her. I found myself falling into the darkness embrace as the wound was worst then I had thought.

The phone fall out, my grip on it loosing as it became difficult to breath. I could feel as my air ways getting filled with blood.

I needed to tell them.

I needed to let them know.

Bella was in danger.

"What do you want?"

I gasped, struggling to breath. Gasping for the oxygen that my body was lacking.

"If this is some sort of joke leech I'll tear your head off."

Unable to fight the darkness away any longer my eyes fluttered shut. The sound of Paul's anger hate filled words no longer reaching me.

I was going to kill that red haired vampire.