Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Third Person POV

Sunday - 3rd

Belle sat, staring at Leah without blinking, amused that the werewolf was glaring at her but still playing the game. The female Mikaelson knew that the game would be coming to an end quickly and that she would be the one to win it. She knew that Leah would be blinking about any time.

"Why do we have to babysit you." Paul complained from the kitchen, his nose still itching from her scent.

"Because you don't want innocent lives lost." Belle suggest, still not breaking eye contact. "It seems you and your pack of dogs don't like it when vampires drink from humans."

"We don't like you killing them and changing them." Leah growled, temper raising, her body slightly shaking in anger.

Belle shrugged, uncaring.

"Potato. Pahtato." She said, waving an unimpressed hand. "You should really give up. I'm not going to lose."

Belle gave the shifter a fanged filled grin.

Monday - 4th

Belle hand tapped on the couch as she stared at Sam.

"You're not going to a school full of humans." Sam once again growled at the vampire.

She let out a small yawn, finding his words and personality to be boring. Belle was sure that at least the school would've been more eventful. Maybe there she might find something to care about.

Of course, Belle liked not caring anymore.

"Sure, why not." Belle mumbled, shrugging. "I'll just wait another day to slaughter a bunch of innocents. You can't keep an eye on me forever and I'll eventually get tired of listening to you whine and complain."

Belle knew that Alice would see when she planned on killing anyone in Forks. She didn't doubt for a second that the future-seeing vampire wasn't trying to get one step ahead of he. She knew it would just add more to the game when she does get around to it.

"No!" Sam growled, his lips twitching.

"Have it your way. If the cops start poking around you can't blame anyone but yourself." Belle said, knowing that the cops wouldn't try to see where she went and highly doubted anyone actually turned her in as missing. "I could see some me days."

Belle made herself more comfortable on the couch, eyes flickering to the tv.

Tuesday - 5th

Belle sat on a desk in her English class, watching as a substitute teacher appeared. Raising an eyebrow as she noticed he looked much younger then she thought was possible but hearing a rapid heart-beat. She wondered when their usually teacher left and why she couldn't have seen the yummy looking male sooner.

The vampire knew she would have to have a nice long chat about it with Sam. Of course, that was if she didn't rip his heart out first.

"He looks young and yummy." Belle said, looking to the human next to her. "Who is he?" She asked, knowing that Angela was bound to know.

Angela looked up surprised, a faint smile on her face.

She, like others in that school and town, had been worried when Belle disappeared. They didn't know when they would be seeing the female that had shown up randomly one day and started going to their school. Angela had watched Mike threaten the Cullens, blaming them for Belle's disappearance.

"Arden Jones." Angela answered. "He's subbing for the rest of the week."

"Wicked." Belle said, settling into her seat.

She watched as he tugged on his shirt, the veins in his neck popping out to her. She watched as the blood flood through them, his scent reaching her at last as the remainder students finally arrived.

Belle could care less about the upcoming exams or the graduation that would be happening. She wanted to make Edward pay for breaking the human side of her and then disappear and become what she truly was. She could now understand what her brother meant by not controlling his urges.

Wednesday - 6th

"You're that human." Belle said, nose twitching as she stared at Mike. "The one that the more human side of me cared for." She mumbled, feeling something in her twitch.

Belle didn't like the feeling that twitched. It made her almost, care.

"What happened to you Belle?" Mike asked, stepping towards her confused.

She grinned at him.

"I died." She said, shrugging. "Honestly, didn't those vampires tell you."

The school day had come to an end and Mike had finally managed to grab Belle and pull her to the side before she could disappear once again. He was confused as to why she didn't seem to care about him and why she hadn't told him what was going on. He couldn't understand why she had disappeared without a word for those days she was missing.

"You... you died?" Mike asked, confused.

Belle nodded.

"You don't have brains." Belle said, staring at him. "Maybe that was what had drawn her to you. No brains means no questions. No questions meant she wouldn't have to leave for a while. Understandable but this area lacks in good blood."

Mike shook his head not understanding Belle.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"Miss Mikaelson." A voice called out, bringing Belle's and Mike's conversation to an end. "I'm so glad that I was able to catch you before you left."

Belle looked at the substitute teacher.

"It's called walking or you know calling out to me like you did." Belle stated, sliding lightly towards Mike before realizing what she did. "I'm in the middle of a conversation and I don't care to talk to teachers, no matter how hot they are."

Mike looked between the two, confused.

"I'll call you later." Mike said, his eyes lingering on Belle. "Just pick up."

Belle smirked.

"No promises." She said, listening as Mike disappeared behind her, his footsteps fading. "What can I do for you then, Mr. Jones?" She asked, rocking on her heels.

Belle knew that Leah and Paul would no doubt be waiting for her just like the day before. Sam hadn't been all that pleased to know that Belle hadn't listened to him but found that she was going to do what she pleased no matter how it made him feel.

So in return, he told her that she would now have babysitters everywhere she went.

Something the vampire could care less about.

"I just had a few questions about the practice test you took the other day," Arden said, grinning at the female. "I'm still trying to get a hang of everything and thought because you did better than anyone else that you'd help."

Belle shook her head.

"Ask someone else." She said, folding her hands together as she thought about it for a moment.

She knew her plan might just work.

"Unless, of course, you're willing to answer a few questions for me." She said, taking a step towards her substrate English teacher, her eyes flickering from him to somebody that appeared down the hallway. "Then I would love to help."

Belle met a pair of brown eyes before dark golden ones. Her grin widening as the distance between her and the substrate became smaller. A low hiss filled the area causing her grin to widen all that more.

"Of course." Arden agreed all too easily.

Nodding Belle looking back to the male.

She might as well enjoy it while she could. She might even find him better tasting then what she's been dieting on.

Fresh untainted human blood was always the best.