Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

I woke up my eyes flashing open to see a ceiling above me. Voice floated to me from a different part of the house letting me know that it was one of them that found me. I felt my teeth ache, the desire uncontrollable.

I needed blood.

It was like a switch had been hit.

No longer did I care what everyone around me thought about how I found the sweet alluring source that I resisted each day. No longer did I care to take only a small amount and leave the human alive afterwards. No longer would I care about anything around me but my desire to be satisfied.

"Her emotions switched off!"

"Half the town has disappeared!"

"We needed to stop her!"

I moved before the three giving the warnings could do anything to stop me from doing what I wanted. The window slid open with ease as I slipped out of it and onto the hard ground. Glancing over my shoulder I spot Edward at my window.

A gave him mocking smile before dashing off.

I glided through the forest, lighter on my feet then usually. Thoughts of blood circling around my mind as I dodged the trees and branches. Unlike me the others feet seemed to pound against the ground like a herd of stampeding horses.

Edward was the fastest one out of them but I knew he would remain with his human.

I recognized the area, finding it to be the one where Paul had attacked me. The ground left from under me as I jumped at the last second passing over the treaty line that forbid the others from entering.

For all the pack knew I was just crossing to find Sam.

Turning I waved at them as I walked backwards, telling them to come after me if they dared. Jasper grabbed Emmett so that the male wouldn't cross the line.

He knew what I was trying to do.

I was testing them.

"As much as I would love to stay and chat I better scatter. Don't want them wolves catching me yet."

"Belle don't do this." Carlisle called out.

I chuckled. "Sorry the Belle you are trying to reach right now just doesn't exist. You see, she can flick that small switch in her mind and these little pesky emotions just disappear. Hell she should've done it from the very beginning. I hate it when I can't come out and play." I ran my hand through my hair, tugging at it.

"Belle --"

"Oh please don't all me by that ridiculous name." My nose wrinkled at the thought of that very human name. "I mean come on this is the 20th century and that is so old, besides I prefer my real name. The sound of the humans screaming it in terror really gets my blood pumping if you know what I mean."

I watched them flinched, finding it some what amusing.

They couldn't even handle that one small piece of information. Honestly, what did I see in this group of vampires. Maybe I should find others of their kind and have some fun with them.

Bet the others wouldn't mind feasting on some humans.

"What should we call you then?" Carlisle was being cautious.

I tilted my head as I took a moment to think about it. "Arebelle, or the she-devil. I've been called worse." Saluting at them I turned and took off without another word.

They valued their lives to much to follow after me.

The sound of paws hitting the ground had alerted me to the presences of the pack. I didn't feel like delaying my thrill to kill any longer and didn't care to run into them. Of course if they got in my way I would just have to end them.