Chapter Forty-one | Now.

Connor's POV

Connor paced Hank's living room as he thought of what to do.

"Kamski's the one who made her hybrid. He probably knows how to fix it." Hank suggested as he stroked Sumo's greasy fur.

"That's brilliant, Hank!! The problem is: how would we get Sam to come with us, without the virus stopping her?" Connor sat down as he processed different answers, and lit up as he came up with one. "Jericho!" He yelled excitedly.

"Jericho? What do you mean 'Jericho'??" Hank questioned.

"It's like a Jericho 2.0, where some deviated androids still hang out; If we tell her that's where we are taking her, then she shouldn't have a problem! I don't think she would remember the coordinates-- it was dark out when we all found it."

Hank looked at him with a small smile spread across his face, and nodded.

"Shall we look for her right now, or wait for when it's light again?" He asked. Connor stood up, and gazed at him in determination.

"Now."

*~*~*

Hank drove around the city for about ten minutes, when they seen Sam's familiar coat and beanie. She sped into the small store, and they were blocked from view once she entered. The duo immediately got out, and jogged to the small building; watching in shock as Samantha aimed a gun up to the dark-skinned man's face.

How did she get a gun??

They barged in, and she turned around abruptly; shooting Connor straight through the arm as she did so. He continued to walk toward her as he kept a straight face; Hank speaking to the store clerk.

"We're from the Detroit police department, it's gonna be alright." He greeted.

"This is the second time in three months! This one doesn't have a child though." He heard the man mumble.

Connor then focused all of his attention on Samantha, and held her arms still; making her unable to shoot.

"Samantha, come on! I know you're in there! We need you right now-- I need you!" He paused as he stared into her emotionless hazel eyes. "W-What about that dog you wanted to get?? The big fluffy one? How about--"

"--Oh, will you shut up already???" 'Samantha' groaned. "I ran away from you for a reason. Now if you could just--"

Connor stared deeply into her eyes, and noticed a tiny glint of sadness-- he knew it was Samantha. He interrupted her words with a harsh kiss against her lips; holding her face still with his hands.

She tried to pull away at first, but slowly melted in. Samantha wrapped her arms around Connor's waist, and let a few tears slip as he pulled away. He lightly pecked each tear as it fell from her eye; whispering sweet nothings as he did so.

She looked over at his arm, and gasped as she gazed into his chocolate eyes.

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to.." Samantha buried her face into her chest, and Connor lightly pet her hair; kissing the top of her head as he tried to calm her down.

After a few minutes, she backed away, and gazed at the man at the register; shame washing over her. Connor watched as she slowly stepped toward the desk, and set the gun on the counter.

"I'm really sorry... I didn't want to-- did I hurt you? Did I take any money??" Samantha questioned frantically. The man sent her a weird look, then slowly shook his head.

"No, and it's alright.. I guess? Is, um.. Are you okay?" He asked hesitantly. She tilted her head to the side, then all at once realization flooded over her.

"U-Um, I'm just uh.. Sick, right now..." She responded. He raised his eyebrows and nodded.

"I'll forgive you, just don't ever come here again; got it?" The man said. She nodded with a smile, and the boys followed her to Hank's car; Hank sitting in the driver's seat, and Sam and Connor in the back.

"Hank.. I'm really sorry... I'm not sure what I said to make you hate me; but whatever it was, I completely regret it! I regret every single god-forsaken word that came out of me, and do you ever think you could forgive me..?" Samantha questioned shyly, as she looked at him through the rear-view mirror.

"It wasn't you talking, darlin. There's nothing to forgive..." Hank replied softly. She smiled, and looked up at Connor; kissing his nose lightly. He placed a chaste kiss against her forehead, and pulled her close.

Samantha snuggled up against his side as she thought of what to say.

Connor looked down at her, and smiled.

She was so magnificent to him. He had never seen another like her-- he couldn't even imagine anyone more beautiful than Samantha-- and he was glad. Connor wasn't quite sure what they were considered as, but whatever it was; he was proud. He was proud to be able to hold her in his arms, he was proud to be able to kiss her and not face any mental challenges, he was proud to be able to hold her hand, and walk around like a couple would-- he was proud of her. One could even say he lov--

Connor's thoughts were interrupted once Samantha shifted; smiling to each other as they made eye contact.

"Con..?" She quietly asked.

"Yes, my love?"

"I um..." Sam bit her lip, as she gazed up at him.

"I love you." 

A/N: This is really late, and I apologize!! I just got back home an hour ago, and I immediately started writing this once I did! I'm sorry if it's a bit sloppy, but it was the best I could do in such a short amount of time! I have to wake up early tomorrow, or else I would have tried to make it better!

I still really hope you enjoyed!!! What did you think or this chapter?

Requests are always welcome! And they are VERY appreciated!!

Very much love <3