Chapter Eight | Welcome to Jericho!

Sam's POV

Markus helped me out of the water, then suggested looking for a light of some sort.

Okay, not sure if I trust him as much anymore.

As we searched, I got a phone call.

Connor and Hank were worried about me.

Truth is, I was ashamed. I didn't listen to Hank, and now look where I am; in an abandoned old ship with someone I've only seen twice in my life.

I told them that I was okay, and they didn't need to be scared for me.

I was scared for myself as it was.

Markus politely asked me to hang up; so I did.

Once he found a flashlight, we ventured into a room full of..

Oh god, please don't be cannibals..

Nope, androids; thank God!!

"W-What is this place?" I asked, staying behind Markus.

"Jericho; the place where all androids can be free!" Said the man with blonde hair. Markus slightly grinned as he looked at me.

"Um.." Well this is awkward. "I'm a uh, a human." It was silent as I finished my sentence. Murmurs were spreading through the room; whispers about being caught, not being safe, etc.

A dark-skinned man walked closer. "A human?? No, you can't be! Only androids can find their way here!" I backed up a few paces.

Oh, shit, are they gonna kill me??? Oh, how I wish Connor would call again. The sound of his voice always calms me down for some reason.

"I brought her. She's trustworthy." Markus said, his hand stopping the man from walking any closer.

Are they gonna sacrifice me?? Fuck. Hank will most definitely be pissed at me.

"Uh, hi, yes, okay, is there a way out..? I, uh, left my, uh, stove.. on fire.. um.." I chuckled nervously.

"We won't hurt you if that's what you're thinking. This place is where most deviants come. It's where we feel safe; if anyone were to blow our cover, we would all be killed."

I took that as a hint not to say anything about Jericho.

"Okay, I um, I trust your word. I will not tell anyone; I swear on my life. But I really have to go; my friends are getting worried. They already called once." Everyone stared at me for a while, until a woman walked up to me.

"You guys honestly trust this human?? She's gonna give us away! She knows where we're hiding-- we should just kill her now." She eyed me down, pointing very aggressively toward my face.

"North, she hasn't tried to hurt anyone so far! She's probably more scared of us, then we are of her." Said the blonde man.

Well, he's not wrong.

"Guys, I just really want to go. I don't even remember how to get here! I have the worst memory. Please, I won't do anything. I don't even have any weapons on me!" I was panicking now. I started getting hot, and my stomach was churning. My memory is great; I just wanted another reason for them to let me leave.

I looked at Markus, and seen he was studying me.

"Ninety-Eight percent!" His eyes were wide as he looked into mine.

"What's ninety-eight percent??" I asked with a shaky voice.

"Your stress levels! We have to get you out of here!" Markus panicked, as he grabbed my hand.

I need Connor-- oh god I should have stayed home!

The dark-skinned man, and Markus helped me to a door which lead outside.

Why didn't we use this to get in???

"I'm Josh by the way." He said. "I apologize for North, she can be really aggressive. I just want you to promise you won't say anything."

I gave him a reassuring smile. "I promise. I really do. If you need help, call me. Just.. Try not to team up against me. I swore I was gonna have a panic attack." I tried my best to speak fluently, but it was hard seeing as my voice was so shaky.

I had a piece of paper with my regular phone number. I originally brought it to give it to Markus, but I forgot about it until now.

Josh told me to walk far enough to where I couldn't see the ship anymore, then I could call a taxi. So, I did just that.

*~*~*

I walked into my house, and noticed Connor sitting on my couch.

Shit. I'm still soaked.

"Hey, Con.." I said nervously.

He looked over at me, and smiled.

"Sam! Are you alright?" He walked over, and looked into my eyes. "Your level of stress is at ninety-four percent! Where did you go??" Was Connor legitimately worried??

"I was out with a friend--"

"But you don't have friends!" He interrupted.

Wow. Thanks, Connor.

"I met him the other day--"

"Him?" He asked.

It would be great if he would stop interrupting me. I kinda enjoyed it though.

"Are you jealous or something?" I joked. He stared with a straight face.

"I would like to say no, but I would be lying to you." Well, I'll be damned! The robot's jealous! Of me!

Wait. Actually, that's not good.

"Connor, it's alright. We just hung out for a while." I lightly kissed his forehead, and started walking away.

"Why are you all wet?" He asked.

Shit.

"We were by the lake.. I tripped over a rock." I said as clearly and confidently as I could. I knew he didn't believe me, but he let it slide anyway.

Connor's POV

Another man? Connor was confused.

She already had him and Hank. Was she dating the man? Connor knew she didn't 'accidentally fall into the lake because of a rock,' but he didn't know why she didn't tell him the truth.

Did she not trust him? Has he done something wrong? Connor was so confused!

As Sam went to the bathroom to take a shower, these thoughts kept replaying in his mind.

He called Hank as he promised, and Hank was happy to know Sam was safe; but the call ended quickly, and Connor was alone with his thoughts once again.

Maybe I should see if she's okay in there.

Truth is, he just missed her presence. She almost died twice, and he didn't want to see that anymore. It hurt him more each time.

He lightly pushed open the door, and called out her name.

"Samantha?"

"Oh my god, Connor what the fuck are you doing in here??" She squealed. Sam was hidden behind the curtain, but Connor could still tell he had made her uncomfortable

"I wanted to be with you." He admitted. It felt good to say, but he knew it was wrong; so wrong.

"O-Oh, well, I guess you can stay in here if you like. You'll just have to leave when I get out."

He agreed as he started asking her questions; eager to learn everything he could about her.

Maybe I just won't tell Amanda..

A/N: Thank you so much for reading! If you have ANY requests/ideas, feel free to comment, or DM me! you'll get tagged in the chapter if you want me to tag you.

How do you like the story so far?

Much love ♡♡