Chapter Nineteen | Imminent Take-over.

Sam's POV

I've been on-edge the entire day; looking around for that certain familiar face.

I almost didn't want to tell anyone-- but that'd be stupid.

Connor watched as I walked around his desk, then toward Hank.

"C-Can I please speak to you? And Connor?" I asked quietly. He slowly nodded, and sent me a questioning look as he followed me into the kitchen; Connor not too far behind.

"What's up?" Hank asked. Connor's LED turned yellow as he folded his arms behind his back.

"Your stress level is at ninety-four percent, Samantha. Are you alright?" He questioned.

I looked down at my ring, and slowly shook my head.

"No.. I'm- I'm not alright! My- my dad is..." I took a long breath, as a shiver rolled down my spine. "He's out of prison, Hank!! My stupid father is out, and he's trying to find me-- he got my number somehow, he told me he would see me soon-- and I don't know what he means by that!! I don't know where he is, and--"

"That bastard is out of prison??? They told me he'd be in for twenty years-- I made sure of it!! God dammit!" He slammed his hands on the counter, and sighed.

"Your father? Why is he in prison?" Connor questioned. I looked into his eyes, and shook my head.

"That... That doesn't matter right now, Con. What matters is finding out where he is, so I can find a way to-- I don't know... Hiding is stupid... I just-- I don't know what to do!" I let the tears flow as I kept my head down.

I noticed Connor moving closer so I looked up, only to be blinded by his chest.

I buried my face into his jacket, and whimpered. "I don't know what to do... I just don't know."

Connor held me in place, and stroked my hair gently.

"I'm gonna go have a word with Fowler. Stay here." Hank walked out of the kitchen, leaving me and Connor alone.

"Thank you, Con.." I mumbled. He gently let go, and pulled me over to the small table in the corner. I sat down next to him, and leaned against his side; Connor's arm wrapping around my shoulders.

"There's no need to thank me, Samantha. That's what friends are for, am I wrong?" I smiled to myself, and nodded.

Friends..

Connor's POV (also, I apologize for all of the POV changes, recently. It's the best I can do right now :))

Samantha was crying, and her stress levels were extremely high; so, he did the one thing he knew would help. He gave her a hug.

He shouldn't have done that, though. His insides heated up, and for one of the first times; he felt scared. Scared for not only him-- but also Samantha.

No, Connor definitely shouldn't have hugged her-- he shouldn't have even communicated with her today-- but he couldn't let her be upset. He couldn't let her cry. Not in front of him; he wasn't having it.

Amanda spoke in the back of his mind, and he knew what she was doing.

Once he was sat down with Samantha, he tried to speak to Amanda, in hopes of stopping her.

He closed his eyes, and entered the three walls. The block? Is that better? Alright, anywho, he entered the block, and looked for the woman.

"Amanda!" He yelled. "Amanda, I need to talk to you!" He stepped into the now snowy terrain, and squinted his eyes as he searched for her.

"Yes, Connor?" Connor turned around, and seen her about four feet away.

He didn't exactly know what to say at that point, but he quickly thought of something.

"I know I'm suppose to be avoiding Samantha and whatnot, but I have to help her through this--"

"Ah, yes. Her father is out of prison, am I correct?" She smirked as she folded her arms.

"Y-Yes.. How did you--"

"Then we did our job well."

"What do you mean, Amanda?? What did you do?" Connor questioned, his LED rapidly blinking red.

"He was originally sentenced twenty years in prison for involuntary manslaughter, working illegally on an.. experiment.. with a company, and also selling off drugs. Fortunately, Cyberlife was that company, so he made a deal with us. If we got him out as early as we could, he wouldn't rat out our name. But now I can see how much he may be a good use for us after all."

Amanda laughed as she spoke; an evil smile spread across her face.

"Experiment?"

"Yes. Turner Parker worked with Elijah Kamski (when Kamski was still with us) to work on a hybrid-- half human, half android. Thankfully the project was almost dead when they started working, so they didn't have to worry about their consent. This was two years before the murder though; before Turner became an idiot."

"You monsters!" Connor started; it felt almost as if his thirium was bubbling inside of him. "Who was it? Did they live? How could they--"

"I don't know the name, and it doesn't matter. The hybrid should be alive, but it could have died soon after they let it go. Now stop asking questions."

Amanda started walking away, but turned around once more.

"Also, the compulsion will happen exactly one minute after you wake up. Prepare to say your goodbyes." She vanished, leaving him all alone.

"No! NO! AMANDA!" He started off into a run, and soon fell to his knees; the floor leaving below him as he entered reality.

He opened his eyes, and noticed Hank in the kitchen arguing with Captain Fowler. Samantha was still leaning against him; a troubled, yet almost emotionless look spread across her face.

57 seconds before imminent take-over.

Connor panicked as he leaned away.

"What's wrong, Connor?--" He interrupted Samantha by bringing her face up to his, and slamming his lips against hers.

She brought her hands to the back of his neck, and put more force against the kiss, as he left his hands on her cheeks.

He didn't want to pull away. The kiss made him feel as if he were good enough for Sam; as if he could be human for one second-- like he didn't have to go against his coding, and do something that was forbidden for androids.

The kiss was long and passionate; but not long enough.

43 seconds before imminent take-over.

He pulled away, and left Samantha breathless.

"Connor, I--"

"I'm sorry, my love." Connor apologized before he ran out of the room, through the building, and out of the door.

I'm sorry..

A/N: RIP; AUTHOR'S FEELINGS.

p.s: i love when Bryan calls Amelia 'my love.'
Idc what all you obsessive fangirls/boys think-- this fangirl loves them together XD

I'm not gonna add a meme today, because I want y'all to be sad for when the next chapter comes lmao.

Requests are always welcome!!!
Much love ♡♡♡