Chapter Twent-six | Come back..

Sam’s POV

I wasn't absolutely sure what Hank did with Connor, but I didn't really want to stick around to find out; I had him drop me off at my house almost immediately.

It was about 3:45 a.m now, and I was still staring at the T.V. Yes, something was on-- but I wasn't paying any attention to it. I hadn't eaten anything since my lunch break, and even now the thought of eating made me sick.

I took out my phone, and clicked the Gallery app; scanning the photo of the android who made that publicity stunt.

I needed something to take my mind away from things; and this seemed to do the job.

I zoomed in on the eyes-- blue and green.

Where have I seen them before??

Obviously it was one of the few androids I've gotten even mildly close to; and I was positive there was no other android who had heterochromia, so how did this one have two different eyes?

As I tried to re-imagine the android’s voice, there was a soft knock on the door.

Who's up at almost 4:00 a.m??

Well besides me.

I looked through the peephole, and seen Hank scratching the back of his neck.

I guess he'd be up at this time as well.

I opened the door with a small smile, and stepped away from the entryway, allowing him in.

As I was about to close the door, I noticed another person walking in behind him.

“C-Connor..?” He allowed me to close the door once he walked in, and held out his hand.

“Miss Parker. I know we have already been acquainted, and I don't feel we have the need to meet again-- but I'm the android sent by Cyberlife. It's nice to see you again.”

I looked down at his hand, and watched as he stood completely still.

“Uh, y-yeah, that's… that's great.. Connor…” I walked toward the couch, and sat next to Hank. He took a sip of beer, and gave me an apologetic look.

“I'm sorry, darlin. I knew he would lose some of his memory, but I didn't think he'd change this much..” Connor sat in the recliner, and tilted his head to the side as he listened to us.

Every time I looked into his eyes, I could only imagine his death. Over, and over again. The way his golden-brown eyes slowly faded to a dark chocolate. It hurt. And that's all I could see.

“What's there to be sorry about?” I asked, almost emotionless. “Connor's back…” I choked on my words as I spoke, and held the restraints on my tears as best I could.

I really didn't want Hank to see me cry any more than he had to… I wanted to be the strong person he could talk to in a time of need-- not some wimpy little girl who could hardly stop crying.

I hate being so damn sensitive-- mental wise. I had a very high pain tolerance; but that was probably because I'm not completely human.

“Did you ever go to the hospital like you said you would?” Hank asked.

I shook my head and looked down at my left arm, where the wound was.

“Do I really need to?”

Connor walked over to us, and got on his knees.

“Why did she have to go to the hospital?” He asked. “Are you hurt, Samantha?”

I thought about the other times he did this, and smiled. It was a small smile, but I smiled. I glanced down at Connor, and seen he was looking down at the floor; his LED flickering between yellow and red.

“I got partially shot. The bullet sliced the side of my arm.” I lifted up my sleeve, and rested my left arm on the ledge of the couch.

He excused himself for about a minute, then came back holding a kitchen chair and the first aid kit from my bathroom. He pulled the seat up to the side of the couch, and sat down; opening the white box.

“Um, Connor, how did you remember where everything was?” I asked, a small bit of hope filling my voice. He looked up from my arm, and stared at me. His LED was yellow, and it seemed as if he was struggling to understand what I said.

“I-I just a-assumed where everything was… I must've gotten lucky with my surmise.” He quickly looked back down, and grabbed the proper tools he needed.

As Connor tended to my wound, Hank and I made small-talk.

“So does that mean he's startin to remember?” Hank questioned.

“Maybe. We could try to do other stuff with him that he's done before.” I suggested. He smiled and ruffled my hair. I glared at him, and turned back to Connor; fixing my hair with my free hand as I did so.

“Well what do you think’ll trigger his memory again?” He asked as he leaned forward; watching as Connor dabbed the wound with a peroxide-filled cotton ball.

“Hmm… I think I have a few ideas in mind. Let's wait for tomorrow, though. I wanna get to bed after he finishes--"

“--Samantha, you must eat before you rest. You might become too weak to do anything after waking up.” Connor interrupted me, and continued doing what he was doing.

I nodded and apologized sarcastically.

“Yes, I'm sorry, Connor. I will eat, and then I'll sleep. Thanks for the input.”

“That's what I just said.” He informed me.

“I know Connor. I-- nevermind.” I let out a soft chuckle, and from the corner of my eye I noticed a big grin forming on Hank’s face.

Come back, Con. We miss you.

A/N: What do you think will trigger Connor's memory? Comment your thoughts, please :)

What'd you think of this chapter? I hope you enjoyed it!

Requests for fluff and stuff is very much appreciated :)

Also, MY TWO BOYS BRYAN AND SEAN HAVE FINALLY MET! O HAPPY DAY!

Very much love!♡♡♡