Chapter 25 - Death

"Harry! Elizabeth! I'd almost forgotten you were here. Standing on the bones of my father. I'd introduce you but word had it you're almost as famous as me these days. The boy and girl who lived. How lies have fed your legend Potters. Shall I reveal what really happened that night thirteen years ago? Shall I divulge how I truly lost my powers? It was love. You see, when sweet dear Lily Potter gave her life for her two children she provided the ultimate protection. I could not touch you. It was very old magic, some. thing I should have foreseen. But no matter, no matter. Things have changed, I can touch you now!" Voldemort exclaimed as he reached forward and placed his hand on Harry's forehead. Harry screamed out violently and I felt his pain.

It was worse than it had ever been before, what Harry felt I felt, except for the night I went missing. Harry just smiled and waved at me while I sat in a puddle of pain.

Voldemort removed his hand and devilishly grinned at Harry, then began to speak again. "Astonishing what a few drops of you and your sister's blood can do, eh Harry?"

The death eater holding me back chucked me to the floor the same time the statue of death released Harry. My wand came flying towards me and it lay on the ground, but I felt too weak to pick it up. I couldn't let him win, so I reached for my wand and slowly rose to my feet, staring death in the eye.

"Pick up your wand Potter." Voldemort addressed to my brother, who stayed where he was. "I said pick it up! Get up, get up!" He demanded, and Harry did as he was told. We stood side by side, waiting for Voldemort's next move.

"You've been taught how to duel, I presume yes? First we bow to each other. Come on now, the niceties must be observed, Dumbledore would not want you to forget your manners now would he? I said bow!" Voldemort yelled.

Voldemort raised his wand and forcefully made Harry and I bow. "That's better. And now..."

He shot at Harry who flew backwards.and wriggled in pain, but before I could help him I was grabbed yet again, but this time by Voldemort himself. My skin burned at his touch and I yelled out, but Voldemort ignored me.

"Atta boy Harry, your parents would be proud. Especially your filthy mongrel mother. I'm going to kill you Harry Potter, I'm going to destroy you. After tonight no one will ever again question my powers. After tonight if they speak of you they'll speak only of how you begged for death, and I being the merciful lord obliged. But first, I'm going to kill your sister Harry Potter. I'm going to kill Elizabeth Potter!" Voldemort laughed menacingly as he pulled me closer to the tip of his wand. I could taste death, a stale taste of blood mixed with pain running through my body. At this point I didn't care if he killed me or not. I would rather be dead than live in a world where he is alive and Cedric was not. I would rather die and join Cedric, with our happy ever after in death. Our souls would remain together forever and always.

Harry shuffled around until he was out of Voldemort's sight, making him even more angry than usual. "Don't you turn your back on me Harry Potter! I want you to look at me when I kill you,  I want to see the lights leave your eyes. I want you to watch your sister die before you." Voldemort spat, the image of him killing us playing in his eyes.

Harry appeared from behind the statue and stepped towards Voldemort, as if he was forfeiting himself. Handing himself over to the dark lord.

"Have it your way." Harry answered and Voldemort threw me across the yard where I landed at Harry's feet. They both cast a spell at each other and streams of magic flew out of their wands, colliding in the middle. Since their wands were brothers it made it harder for them to fight. I clasped my wand and stood up, sending a zap of magic at the collision, helping Harry fight the demon.

"Do nothing! They're mine to finish!" Voldemort called out to his followers. He wanted us dead on his part, no one elses. We stood fighting him,  the collision staying still, stuck in place.

Shapes started to form around the streams, and spirits started to zoom around us.

"When the connection is broken you must get to the portkey. We can delay it for a moment to give you time but only a moment, do you understand?" A voice asked us, similar to Harry's.

It was our father.

"Elizabeth, take my body back will you? Take my body back to my father." Cedric's spirit instructed. "I love you." He added.

"Let go!" Another voice sounded. Our mother. "Sweetheart you're ready. Let go!"

Harry and I exchanged a glance and he nodded.

The connection between Harry, myself and Voldemort's wand was broken and we made a break for Cedric's body and the portkey. While we were running the spirits surrounded Voldemort to distract him, but that didn't stop him trying to kill us.

"Avada Kedavra!" Voldemort yelled into the distance casting the killing curse into the mist, nearly hitting me. I kept running, my heart beating out of my chest. "Avada Kerdavra!" Voldemort shouted once more when Harry and I reached Cedric's body.

In an instant I fell to the floor, landing on Cedric's mangled body, intertwining with him. Above me the sky changed and we were back by the maze, cheering erupting around me, Harry leaning over me, his head dug into my stomach.

The last thing I saw was Dumbledore hovering above me, worry in his eyes. Then everything went dark, but I felt my eyes still open as I laid across Cedric, my head sat on his chest listening to his empty heartbeat.

He was dead.

And so was I.