eleven: chicken nuggets

Lexi's POV

Ethan and I spent a couple hours on that hill just talking and it was now close to 2:00 am. He turned the car onto my street. 

"Thank you for tonight Ethan." I said, looking over at him. 

"You're welcome but you don't need to thank me." He slowed down as we approached my house. 

"Well I am anyways." I said quietly, as he put the car in park. He got out before me, walking around to my side of the car and opening my door. I got out, putting my cross-body purse over my left shoulder. He closed the passenger side door and then turned to face me. I stepped forward, giving him a hug. He hugged me back even tighter, making me feel safe. 

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said, holding one of my hands. 

"Yeah." I smiled at him, beginning to walk away but I felt him looking at me. I looked over my shoulder to see him leaning against his car, his arms crossed over his chest as he watched me. I sighed before turning around and walking back to him, planting my lips on his, his hands almost automatically going to my hips as he pulled me close to him. I pulled away apparently too soon, causing Ethan to groan. 

"Goodbye Ethan." I laughed. 

"Bye Lexi." He said, getting in his car as I walked towards my front door. Once I'd heard him drive away, I slowly opened the door. I took my shoes off and locked the front door behind me. I quietly walked up the stairs and down the hall to my room when I ran into Ryan.

"Shi- Ryan!" I whisper-yelled, as he scared the living daylight out of me. 

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." He whispered back. I walked into my room and motioned for him to follow me. I silently shut the door. 

"Why are you up right now?" I asked. 

"Well I wanted to talk to you after your date and then I fell asleep. And you weren't here so I stayed up for you." He said, sounding disappointed. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't think I'd be home this late." I said, sitting down next to him on my bed. 

"And you guys kissed!" He exclaimed. 

"You saw it didn't you?" I laughed. 

"Yeah, it was gross." He made a face. I rolled my eyes, elbowing him in the side. 

"Shut up." I sarcastically said. I took off my necklace, putting it on my nightstand.

"I'll tell you about it on the way to school tomorrow, okay?" I suggested. 

"So you're taking me to school?" He asked with a smile. 

"Yes. Now go get some sleep." I said, causing him to stand up and walk to my door. 

"Goodnight." He yawned. 

"Goodnight Ry." I answered, yawning because of him. (A/N- I literally yawned twice when I wrote those two lines omg.) He walked out of my room, closing the door behind him. I changed into my pajamas and practically as soon as I laid down, fell asleep. 

~morning~

I opened my eyes and was expecting to hear Ryan's voice from the kitchen, but was surprised when I didn't. I walked into my closet, picking out plain maroon sweatshirt and black leggings. I laid them out on my bed and grabbed my phone. I left my room to go downstairs to eat breakfast. When I walked into an empty kitchen, I assumed my parents had gone to work early and Ryan was getting ready for school. I opened the fridge and grabbed a nectarine, washing it and taking a bite from it. I sat down at the kitchen table and pressed the home button on my phone and was shocked when I saw the time.

            10:48 am
Thursday, February 15th

I went to my contacts and was about to text Ryan when Ethan called. I answered. 

"Hello?" 

"Lexi, where are you?" 

"I accidentally slept in..."

"Are you coming to school?" 

"I don't know... probably not." 

"Well I'm coming to hang out then." He said, causing me to almost spit out my nectarine. 

"Ethan, you're already at school though! I'll be fine." I explained. 

"Nope, I'm leaving at lunch. You don't have a choice." He laughed. 

"Fine. I hate you sometimes." I laughed too. 

"Well you didn't seem to hate me last night..." He said, and from the tone of his voice I could tell that a smirk was growing on his face. 

"Okay... guilty as charged." I smiled to myself as I threw away my pit from the nectarine. 

"I'll see you soon." He said, before hanging up. I then went to my messages. 

To Ryan
Me: are you at school?? im sorry I slept in I must've forgot to set my alarm last night

I didn't expect him to reply right away, so I went back up to my room and got dressed. As I was straightening my hair, I got a phone call from my mom. 

"Alexis I got a call from the Principal this morning. Why aren't you at school?" She interrogated as I put her on speaker and continued to do my hair. 

"I'm not feeling well. I woke up with a migraine and have nausea whenever I'm standing." I lied. 

"Okay... make sure you rest and drink plenty of water." She said. 

"Yes, I will." I sighed. I noticed I had a text from ten minutes. 

11:57 am
Ethan: on my way over 

"I have to go to back to my meeting." She said, before abruptly hanging up. I finished doing my hair and unplugged my straightener just as I heard a knock on the door. I looked in the mirror before walking out of my room and down the stairs. I opened the front door to see Ethan standing at the door, his backpack over his shoulder and a McDonald's bag in his hand. He smiled. 

"Hi." I said, moving out of the way so he could come in. 

"I thought you might be hungry so I made a quick stop on my way." He said, as we walked into the kitchen. He set his backpack down on one of the chairs. 

"You're literally the best Ethan." I smiled, as he handed me fries and chicken nuggets.

"I know." He winked. 

---A/N---

hmm will lexi's mom find out? idk dude.

lexiiii