Chapter 27: Changes (Finale)

(A/N): Announcement at the end!

It's been two weeks since your return. A day before the start of a new school year. You sat out back on the patio in one of the swinging chairs listening to the afternoon Cicadas chirp. Your brothers watching you from the inside out the sliding glass doors. Concern contorting their features. Ace ties his shoes as Luffy runs around in circles with everyday gear used in their fort. Sabo hums examining you.

"(Y/n) has been awful quiet since the news. I know she's upset about us not being able to return, but you'd think she'd cheer up after awhile." Sabo starts.

"Maybe she needs more time?" Ace shrugs. "Girls are weird like that. Happy one day then the next moody."

"Yeah, but this is our sister we're talking about. She's just completely distraught. She hasn't even blinked." All eyes rest on you as you dully stare at the horizon. "Maybe it's time we cheer her up and do something? I mean tomorrow is the first day of school. If something is bothering her we should reassure her." Sabo suggests. Ace takes a moment before sliding the door open.

"Follow my lead." He said as he approaches your form. "Oi! (Y/n)!" You turn to the boys. "You wanna come with us to our base?" Sabo and Luffy gape in disbelief at their freckled boy.

"Eh? Really? I can come this time?" You ask. The shift in your voice eased their hearts. It was nice to hear it filled with something other than a monotone.

"Yeah, we were just about to head out there."

"Come on (Y/n) it will be fun! We'll finally get to show you our fort!" Luffy exclaims. You give them a half smile, intrigued.

"You have a fort? How? What?" You ask.

"We'll explain on the way there. It's a long walk so we better get going before it gets dark." Ace ushers everyone into the forest. You follow behind ecstatic to see their "fort".

"How big is your fort anyways?" You ask while walking down the trail.