Chapter 5

(A/N): Please look above for a better visual of your school uniform. There will be a link. Please and thank you! Also special star guest from One Piece so keep an eye out. Our last one was Law I wonder who's next hmm. There will also be a link to a song. I'll cue when to click. Now enjoy~

Monday! The beginning of your torturous week. School. Sure, elementary is easy, but that wasn't the problem. The problem were the students in that school. You drag yourself out of bed and sit there in silence. You clench the sheets already afraid to go to school. You wanted to stay home, but now that you think about yesterday, it wasn't safe either. Not after Sabo treated you and Ace just watched letting it happen. You'd rather be in school taking that treatment rather than your own home. It was your sanctuary, but for how long? You hear your mother call you from the hallway. You hop out of bed with a groan. You head over to your closet and pull out your uniform. The outfit consists of a black, checkered skirt with straps like overalls, white, long sleeved dress shirt, white knee socks and black shoes. (*Look at description for images of uniform)

After you finish dressing into your uniform, you slowly make your way into the bathroom with your head down.

Meanwhile the boy's walk out of their rooms disturbed by your mother's call through out the house to hurry up. You come out with the same moody expression. The air around felt so gloomy. The boys question what was wrong with you.

"Oi (Y/n)! Are you okay? What's going and what are you wearing?" You peep up at them changing moods.

"O-oh! These?" You tug your skirt a bit and blush sheepishly. "This is my school uniform. You'll probably be wearing something similar when you attend." Ace crosses his arms bemused.

"I highly doubt it. Boys don't wear skirts." He huffs with certainty. You catch his small joke and giggle.

"I guess you're right about that."

Luffy intervenes by asking a question, "What is school?" You were about to answer when you get called by your mom.

"(Y/n) are you ready? I have to go soon."

"Coming!" You shout. You return your gaze to Luffy. "I'll tell you when I get home." Luffy frowns and grasps your hand before you leave. This caught you not only you by surprise, but his brothers as well.

"Can I come?" You give a sad smile at his innocence.

"Sorry Luffy. You guys will have to wait until the school gives the okay to mom. I wish you could."

"You'll come back right? I don't want you to be away for very long!" He hugs your arm and starts sobbing. Your heart broke at the sight. Sabo and Ace were just completely stunned by his sudden action. You pet the boy's head.

"There, there Luffy I'll be back. I'll be out of school by two. You'll see." He looks up to you sniffling with his snot nose and teary eyes.

"Promise?" You give him a reassuring smile.

"Yes." Just exposing your smile made their stomachs flutter with butterflies. Their eyes soften. Luffy hugs you and you return the hug him. "Now I have to go. Mom has to work." The boy's ears perk up.

"What? She's going to work? Then who the hell takes care of us?" You stare at them as the realization hits you. Your mother completely forgot about them.

"I-I-I don't know. Maybe you should ask her before she leaves." You sweat drop and make your way downstairs. Your mother was texting. Obviously it was work. You appeared panicked until four faces pop up into view. She quickly drops everything and greets everyone with a smile.