Chapter 16: New Years!

(A/n): I know I said I'd upload at a certain time and I already failed lolz but lately I've been tired and lazy to do it. Forgive me. So, I'll post when I can. I have worked hard on this chapter to make it as fluffy as possible as I promised. I am hyped on coffee and on a roll tonight so expect to see the next chapter earlier than expected (I hope) Pray for me yall and enjoy~

It's been a week since Christmas and today is the New Year's party. Veronica is busying herself with the preparations. You and your brothers decide to play outside for the day and spare your mother from your mischief.

Currently, you and Luffy are in a snowball fight against the two elder brothers, Sabo, and Ace. The argument started with Luffy after having his face rubbed by Ace's victory in a game. Luffy claimed he could beat him at another game. One more physical. Your name was brought into their quarrel claiming even the "runts" as Ace called him, could win against the elders every now and then. The argument grew until the suggestion of a game of a snowball fight is suggested to settle the matter once and for all. Now here you kids are catching your breath's covered by a shield of snow. The two of you were corned, the battle has turned intense now that all your tricks have been ruined by your skillful duo. You are exhausted, out of their league, Luffy is barely tired and held more energy than you. There are slight pants in between. His breathing isn't as heavy as yours. The cold of the snow feels refreshing against your face. You two wait it out as masses of snowballs are tossed in your direction. Each of them missing, failing to hit you. Every now and then you peek out of your cover to launch some snow balls at their fort hoping to land a hit on one of them. You lay low once more and notice the small pile of snow balls left. Your ammo is low and you are exhausted. At this rate your group would lose leaving only Luffy to fight. You wanted to survive and prove those two idiots wrong. You wanted to show them for once that even the youngest can win. You stare at your ball not realizing your hold on it tightened until the ball shatters in your hand. To your dismay you are left with only four balls. You stop Luffy from gaining another one leaving him in question.

"That's enough. I know we can make more, but at this rate I don't think I can keep up. We've used every possible tactic I can think of and each one of those had no effect." Luffy frowns hearing your distress. He slumps against the snow, shield trying to rack his brains for ideas.

"So...what...do we do?" He stutters unsure if he wanted to even know. You hum in thought, contemplating. You retrace your steps in your mind slowly gaining an idea of how to go about this and win. Finally, a light bulb hangs over your head. You grin devilishly at the boy along with an evil chuckle.

"I have an idea. Listen closely and try to follow what I'm about to tell you. This will be our last hope of victory." Luffy nods with determination. His ears perk ready to listen to your elaborate plan.

It's been thirty minutes since your sudden halt on attacking the duo. They waited longer than they usually do when you come up with an attack plan. The first time was indeed unexpected but an obvious trick they've seen many times in animes. After the first two failed tricks, Sabo and Ace came to a conclusion that the strategic attacks are not Luffy's way of fighting. Although it is indeed scary to almost be defeated by the straw-hat the two also realized putting you two together is challenging and dangerous. Especially since they knew you are the type of girl who came up with ideas. An example of when all four of them went up against the boar during Thanksgiving. A stubborn headed cluts like Luffy guided by a girl of your stature is indeed something not to be underestimated.

Sabo stood on one knee over a dome of snow juggling a snowball in his hand. Ace lazily slouches against their shield of snow while playing with a pick of bark in his mouth. He growls in annoyance. He couldn't wait any longer. He spits the bark out of his mouth.