Chapter 23: Camp Wars

It's been days since the orientation. Everyone returned to there usual activities. During those days, it became impossible to speak to you. Something always came up. Either someone else had your attention, you were with friends doing a camp activity, helping others do something and vise versa with him. The farthest he's gotten is calling your name. It astounds him that you still listened regardless of the crap he gave you. You truly are an angel from up above.

Ace sat under the tree while his brothers, and William spared. William was only the score keeper and learned a couple of moves. Unfortunately he was so bad Luffy had him doing a back flip from the counter attack. They shared a good laugh when that unexpectedly happen. Not Ace. He was troubled. His eyes shift between his brothers and roll up to the tall trees shrouding away the sunlight. It was the perfect shade for summer. Ace sighs submitting into believing all of his attempts at confrontation is hopeless. The only place he could probably talk to you will be when they return home.

"Yo, Acey." Pandora pipes up saluting the boy with his chosen nickname. After the orientation, Ace has been consulting Pandora for advice as if she's become his personal therapist. She wouldn't spill very much information about you to him because there was a border line of how much she may let out. It wasn't her place to say. Honestly she didn't like to be the one in the middle having to tell you both everything. She wasn't a miracle worker. She is just a kid trying to help her best friend and that meant communicating with the source; which in turn ended up building a mutual friendship taking each other's liking. The nickname stuck. It was only meant to tease him to satisfy her disappointment in a boy who's bringing you down. It worked for a time until recently.

Her appearance is unanticipated. Self absorbed in his train of thought, he failed to hear her approach. The freckled boy turns to the girl.

"Oh, hey!" Is all he utters. Pandora leans against the tree, one foot resting on the truck, arms crossed while staring at the scenery laid out in front of her.

"You seem out of it. Almost down. You still haven't confronted her have you?" She starts. He shakes his head hanging his head low.

"No. Lately it's been somehow impossible to reach her. How can camp be so busy just to talk to someone? I thought it's supposed to be fun." He kicks up some dirt pouting.

"I can say the same. I was just about to say, how long does it take to talk to someone? You do know if you're that desperate I can help. I really want you guys to sort this out. She's kind of mopey about it."

"Nah, I can do this. I have been trying to find the right time. When it does, I'll be ready. Making her upset about this is the last thing I wanted. I never thought I'd see the day where I actually want to grow up and do something right for someone that isn't me." He snaps over at a laughing Pandora. He pouts as his cheeks dust pink. "What?" He barks. The girl wipes a tear away.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh at you. I'm mostly laughing at how similar you and I are." The boy tilts his head a few degrees questionably. "When I was a little bit younger I had anger management problems. I had such a temper like you wouldn't believe. I fought in school over the smallest, stupidest things ever. Like if a kid complained to me I would whack him with a bag of marbles. Stole from me, I would hunt them down until they return what's stolen from me." The outpour of her exclusive life piqued his interest. She has never gone soft on him to where she tells him a story about herself. This is the first and he is ready and willing to hear more. A sign of respect to a girl who is helping him out which he now calls her a friend.