Part 12

It's been three weeks, and I haven't talked to anyone. Elizabeth doesn't even acknowledge my existence in our cabin anymore. I know that I deserve it, but it doesn't make it hurt less. I hate what happened, hate that I ditched my friends for a shot in the popular crowd. I admit being popular isn't what it's set up to be. It's full of staring faces and expectations and alcohol. It's not pretty. And I miss them, I miss Elliot. I miss home and my family. Maybe all this is for the best. I had my shot and lived the consequences to know that I never want to try and be something I'm not ever again. And then I can go back home and forget this ever happened. But I don't want to forget. I want to remember everything that happened here. And I certainly don't want to leave it behind. I have an idea. I don't know if it will work, or even if it will work but I have to try.

Snowfall

Snowflakes falling one by one

Glistening under the light of the sun

Kiss my cheeks and hold me close

You are the one that I love the most

I have left you lonely

And for that I'm sorry

But in heart I know it's true

But in a snowfall the only snowflake I love is you

My dearest Elliot, I don't expect you to forgive me but if you can, meet me at 11.00am under the bridge

Your Katie

I fold up the paper and put it in an envelope. The door opens and Elizabeth walks in.

"Elizabeth?" She looks at me, her face devoid of emotion.

"Yes." Like that. Not a question but rather a statement, as to what other trouble I would cause.

"Listen could you please give this to Elliot?" She opens the door to walk out. "Wait Elizabeth please!" She turns around. "I'm sorry, but I'm going home in just over a week and I promise you will never have to see me again. I just want to give this to him before I leave, I don't want to cause any trouble," I hand her the envelope, "look you can read it if you want, I have nothing to hide." Without looking at me she takes the envelope and shuts the door behind her.