Part 9

I get ready and Emma takes me out to this party everyone is raving about. Apparently, it's at Dean's house since he doesn't actually board here, his parents just have a lot of money to spare. We walk in and music is blaring, disco lights blinding me in all directions. And there are people jam packed everywhere. With alcohol. Emma leaves me to follow this other guy that she found so I'm left standing in the doorway. I end up migrating my way to the kitchen to get a glass of water, when Dean walks over. Well, more like stumbles over.

"Katie! Hey babe how's the party!" He takes a drink from his cup.

"Yeah it's great. Hey, have you seen Emma around here? She was the one who drove me here and I'm not feeling so good so-" He puts his finger on my lips.

"Shhh Katie don't talk like that. I'll make you feel better." His hands slide around my hips.

"Dean what are you doing?" He shushes me. And then he proceeds to put his lips on mine and kisses me. At least I'm assuming that's what he's trying to do, but his mouth is like everywhere and it feels disgusting. I try to push him away, but he's got a hold of me. "Dean get off." He nuzzles into my neck and I feel his hand slide under my shirt and over my bra. I manage to push him off me.

"Katie what the hell!" I throw my water in his face and run out the door. I don't know how far it is to get back to the school, so I call a taxi. By the time I get back to by room Elizabeth is asleep. I quietly change into my pyjamas and brush my teeth (three times) before hoping into bed. And that's when I started to cry. Because I just threw away my best friends just for the chance to be in the "it" crowd. Which is what my friends at home did to me, and I hate them for it. And now I hate myself.