The Talk

September 6, 2016

10:30PM

Kandyce took a seat on the chair that was 90 degrees in relation to the couch Tom was sitting on.

"So, Tom, what did you want to say to me that you haven't already said the last time?"

"Actually, if you recall, you did all of the talking, and hitting. I wanted to come here to explain myself, since I finally can without jeopardizing our careers."

"What do you mean by that?"

"What I mean is that after the Met Gala, Taylor and her publicist blackmailed me into pulling off this huge publicity stunt to help Taylor's career. She was getting bad press from her feuds with other celebrities and they thought that a relationship with me might help her case and maybe boost my career. But, all it did was almost ruin mine and gave her more content for songs to write."

"I'm sorry, Tom, but I'm not seeing how I am involved in any of this."

"Well, to get me to agree, she threatened mine and your careers. I didn't give a shit about my career, but I couldn't have her going and ruining yours with the size of her platform. So, Luke told me to sign on for a three month deal. If it didn't help either one of our careers, then it would end. The stunt ended up getting my name pulled from a bunch of upcoming movie ideas and when all of the controversy came out with her ex and the Kardashian-West thing, nothing could be done to help her reputation. So, her publicist issued out a statement. It was supposed to say it was mutual, but she ended up playing out as the victim again. And I got screwed over. But I did it for you."

"Let me stop you right there, because I can already tell you that none of that had to happen. If you would have just told me, I could have helped you, Tom! You could've ended up saying no, and if she actually did try to ruin my career, I have proof that she would be lying! You even saw the video. But no, instead of coming to me and being honest, it seems like we both ended up being miserable. I've been trying to pick up the pieces and get over you these past three months and now that I've finally attempted to move on and found someone, you come along and tell me something that could have been prevented. It may not have been very easy, but we could've done it."

"But, but Luke told me that I'd have to do it. Since it didn't work out, I told him I'd fire him. And I did."

"Good, because he has been the cause of almost all of our problems. This was exhibit C. I get it, you've known him for a long time, but Tom, we could've handled this on our own."

"I know that now, and I feel completely stupid for not coming to you in the first place. I am truly sorry, Kandyce. I thought that I'd take on the beast by myself and keep you and your career safe, but all it did was fuck everything up. I've lost you, lost movie deals, and lost my happiness. And now they've released a statement saying that I wanted more and made it out like I was a lost puppy following it's owner. I'm sorry that I put you through all of this. But I just wanted to let you know that everything was fake. I never slept with her, I never shared the same room with her, and I NEVER even THOUGHT about marrying that horrible woman. I've only ever loved you. But, I'll get out of your hair. You won't have to worry about me bothering you again. I love you."

Tom got up to leave, but Kandyce caught his sleeve and sat him back on the couch.

"Now hold on a minute. You don't get to leave without me saying my final thoughts. I don't want you out of my life, Tom. Not by a long shot. But, it's going to take a while before I can trust you again. You may not have done those things, but you did ghost on me and never told me the truth about any of this. I'm willing to give you another chance, but things will not go back to the way it was. I would like to start out as friends again."

"I would very much like that, Kandyce."

Tom smiled for the first time since he's been there. He even got up to walk over to her place on the chair to envelop her in one of his hugs.

"Let me take you to lunch tomorrow, Kan. As friends, of course."

"Actually, Chris is taking me out for lunch tomorrow, but I will be more than happy to have you over for dinner. I'll cook."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about him. How did that happen?"

"I met him ay Comic Con when he was there for Wonder Woman. We started seeing each other about three weeks ago. Only went on a few dates."

"And do you like him?"

"He's a very nice man. But, he does let his fame get in the way sometimes. He's not as humble as you are. I'm enjoying my time with him so far, though."

"And have you, you know?"

"No we haven't, not that you need to know anyway. Let's stop here okay? It's late and I would like to go to bed. Thank you for coming by. I'll see you tomorrow around 6?"

"That sounds amazing. Thank you, Kandyce."

Tom had to stop himself before he let those three words slip out.

He's going to have a hard time reminding himself that they are just friends.

Kandyce walked Tom to the door and gave him another hug before letting him leave.

After closing the door, Kandyce let out the breath that she didn't even know that she was holding. Tom on her doorstep was the last thing that she'd expected after having left him those couple months ago after they had sex. Would you call it a one night stand if you know the person and used to be with them?

Now, she was having him over for dinner tomorrow night? Too much shit has happened to her in the past two hours and she doesn't know what to do with herself. She was supposed to meet up with Chris around noon for lunch and she knew it was going to be awkward since she just denied him a kiss and an invitation into her house tonight.

As much as she wanted to have a normal relationship with Chris, she couldn't help but compare him to Tom. Their mannerisms and the way they handle situations. Tom was more down to Earth and relaxed where Chris pretty much let his head get too big about his fame and his handsome looks. It gets on her nerves, but she's tried her best to look past it.

It pisses her off that she compares other men to Tom. And now that he has shown interest in having her in his life, almost just as much as she wants him in her life, she doesn't know how this relationship with Chris is going to last. No matter how mad she is at Tom for doing what he did, after hearing his story and his reasoning, she can't help but start rehashing those feelings that she's buried deep down.

She goes back upstairs to where she left Leia so she can change into her pajamas and get ready for tomorrow's whirlwind of emotions that she's anticipating on having.