The New Family Member

June 24, 2016

Tom arrived at his mother's house in Suffolk early in the morning to prep her before Taylor and the camera crew would show up. His sister opened the door with a big slap up the side of his head.

"Ow! What was that for?" Tom asked while he was rubbing the back of his head.

"You know exactly what that was for. You had such a good thing, but you go and ruin it to be with some serial dater pop star? I though you were smart. Mum is beside herself about this whole thing."

"Sarah, I love Kandyce just as much, if not more, than you, Emma, and Mum, but I'm kinda doing this against my will so to speak. I'm not supposed to tell you this, but if I didn't go through with this whole PR thing, he and her team was going to ruin not only my career, but they threw in Kandyce's career in the mix as well. I don't give a shit about mine, but hers? I wasn't going to do that to her."

"What? Tom, that's practically illegal, they can't do that! You have to do something about this."

"Apparently she can. Look who we're talking about here. Just, go along with it. This shouldn't last much longer and then she'll be out of our hair."

"Okay Tom. I can do this for you. Lorn know you ruined your relationship with Kandyce. I saw that she has been hanging out with that former Jonas Brother."

Tom was taken aback. "Wait, what?"

"They were seen hanging out in New York. The articles say that they are dating, but who knows. All I know is, get through this shit so you can go win her back. I'll convince Mum to go along with it, but I won't tell her why. Okay?"

Tom pulled his sister in for a hug. "Thank you so much, Sarah. I don't know how I'm going to repay you."

"Just get Kandyce back. You were so happy with her."

————

By the time the Tom and Taylor shenanigans were over, Kandyce was at Penn Station to pick up Caroline.

"Kandy-ass!"

"Sweeeeeet Caroline!"

Caroline did her best to run over to her while lugging her bag behind her.

"What is on the itinerary for this weekend?"

"Wellll first, I have to go to work. I'm going to give you my keys and drop you off at the house before I go. Explore the city or something. As long as you're back by 4, because that's what time I should be home."

"Got it boss. I think I might take the subway back here so I can finally explore Time's Square since I highly doubt you go there now that you live here."

"I work there. But, if you end up wanting to stay there until I get off, then we can go straight to a bar in SoHo or something. Live the rich life while being poor."

————

As Kandyce was walking to her office when she arrived, she noticed the pictures that were taken earlier that day on the other side of of the ocean. There staring her blank in the face off of a writer's computer screen was Tom, Taylor, and Tom's family.

Catching a glimpse of the picture made her breath hitch in her throat that was audible enough for people to look in her direction.

She ended up rushing into her office and shutting the door to let this new information sink in. It blew her mind that after only a couple weeks of dating, Tom felt the need to introduce her to almost his entire family. Mother, older sister, and niece.

It took a little longer that usual for her to bounce back and get to work.

————

Caroline ended up meeting Kandyce right outside of her office so they could take the subway to Soho. Kandyce needed a drink ASAP.