The Misunderstanding

February 1, 2016

It has been a month since Kandyce was in London last. She remembered the day very well. Tom, Logan, and her went to see the new Star Wars movie and later that evening, they went to go see Tom's friend Benedict in Hamlet. It was one of her favorite days, besides Christmas and finally being able to see that kissing Tom felt like.

They text almost once or twice every week to catch up and would call to hear each other's voices.

Today is the day that Kandyce's cousin Johnny was supposed to come here to spend the week with them. Today was also his birthday so he showed up at their home pretty early in the morning.

"Johnny Thomas! How's it feel to be 33?" Kandyce said when he walked through the front door.

"I feel old! But I feel a bit younger without the kids." John had two boys at home in Baltimore. One was 11 and the other was 9.

"I can imagine. I hope they act better than how your little brothers did when they were our son's ages. So are they with their Mom?"

John was also divorced from his wife, following in the footsteps of his father. "They're with Dad, actually. He misses having boys running around the house. Now, when do we start drinking?"

"Well Johnny boy, it is the off season, and today is Monday, so we will go to the liquor store down in Ocean City and just drink here, but later. Let's do something fun before we start getting intoxicated."

"Okay sounds good. How about indoor golf? Or we could go to that place in Salisbury with the indoor trampolines! And then we can have a party here? You can invite your friends."

"We can do the trampoline park and putt-putt if you want and I'll see about the party. I'll text everyone and see if they're busy tonight."

"That's all I ask. But first, I would like to take a nap. Wake me up around 11." he took his things and set them in Kandyce's room and passed out on her bed.

Since Kandyce had a few hours to spare, she went upstairs and set up the theatre to watch a movie while she texted her friends for plans for the night.

Thankfully, almost all of her friends had no plans for tomorrow or tonight so it looks like Johnny was going to have a good time. They are going to be watching movies and drinking all night and everyone is probably going to sleep on the reclining and beanbag chairs.

By the time the Zoolander credits started playing, it was time to wake up Johnny and Logan since he's been sleeping as well.

"Alright Logan, it's time to get up. John's here."

"You're hot cousin?"

"Yeah it's his birthday, remember?"

"Oh yeah! Alright I'm up."

She left him to get ready and went downstairs to wake up Johnny.

"So what did your friends say?"

"Almost all of them are free. So what do you say we drink and watch movies all night?"

"Sounds perfect."

"Good now let's go putt some balls!"

By the time the three of them made it back to their house in Delaware, they were sweaty and had tons of booze in tow. All of them showered and got ready for Kandyce's friends to get there. Kandyce set up the projector and the made sure the theatre room was cleaned and then she went downstairs into the kitchen to get out the blender and started making the mixed drinks.

Around 7, her friends started showing up and grabbing their drinks. Johnny already knew all of them so he was happy to see them again. They all took their pictures with the birthday boy as well as Kandyce.