The Publicist

April 15, 2016

"Hey Tom, you ready to go? I have to be there in an hour and we have to travel across the city." Kandyce yelled from the kitchen, grabbing a quick bite to eat.

"Coming, Love! I'm just slipping my boots on and I'll be out!"

Kandyce chuckled because she knew that he meant his boots that he's owned for so many years that they look like they are going to give out any day. Not that she can blame him though. She herself has a pair or worn out platform converse that she's owned since her senior year of high school. Tom told her that some 'cowboys' from California gave him those when he was learning to ride for War Horse. She got hers converse herself and ended up wearing them to prom with a huge ball gown, classic.

Tom came waltzing in the kitchen with his hair done with gel and his glasses on, Kandyce's favorite look. She too was wearing her Ray-Ban glasses.

"I just got a text from Luke. Would you mind if he also tagged along tonight?"

"Yes of course! I haven't formally met him yet so it'll be nice." She finished off her sandwich. "Okay. Let's load 'er up."

They made it just in time for Kandyce to set up. She was sitting in the chair when Chris and Robert came in. Tom said his hellos and took them over to her.

"Best friend!" Robert said as he stepped in front of the camera to give her a hug.

"What is up? Take a seat, Chris, you too. Let's do this 'cause I am craving a piña colada!" She laughed and went to hug Evans.

Tom sat right next to the camera out of sight as Kandyce asked her questions. They got through a good amount quickly and had some really good things to put in the video.

Hey let me know what time and where we're meeting tonight. I hope you don't mind if I bring a date.-L

We should be done here in about 10 minutes and then we're going to go to Old School Pub. They have karaoke tonight and you know how I can't resist. We should be there by 7. -TH

"Hey Tommy boy, we're done. Let's get our drink on!" RDJ said as he clapped him on the back.

"Sounds good man. Luke is going to meet us there and he's bringing a date."

"A date?" She said as she was finishing packing up the equipment.

"Yeah I said the same thing. Now, let's hit it. There's a karaoke bar and you need to know how great I am at singing Billy Joel."

"Alright, Piano Man. Let's go."

The four of them piled in a cab and took it to the bar. The bar was relatively empty so they didn't have to worry about paparazzi. They all sat in a booth in the corner closer to the stage so they could get a good spot to see the karaoke singers.

Kandyce walked over to the bar to order her drink along with a glass of water so she doesn't get too drink.

"Is that my Kandy Page?"

Her head shot up, knowing exactly who it was. "Miles!" She rushed over and gave him a hug. Miles was about Tom's height with longer, brown hair.

She slapped his arm. "Where the hell have you been? I haven't talked to you in about two years. You can't do that to me!"

"I'm sorry! I've been off the grid here. And I've met someone."

"Oh have you now? I'll have to meet him! I'm glad you were able to get 'you know who off your mind."

Tom was sitting in the booth watching the whole interaction.

"Hey man, you might break your glass if you keep holding it like that." Luke said as he walked up to their booth. "What's got you all angry?" He looked up and followed Tom's gaze at Miles and Kandyce, who was walking over here.