The April Fool

April 1, 2016

"Hey Logan! Come down to the kitchen! I want to show you this trick I just learned!"

Kandyce has been waiting for this day since last year. Last year, Logan pulled off an extravagant prank on her last year that even her mother was in on. Although hers wasn't as thought out as his was, she had the camera set up recording hidden in between the Kurig and the toaster.

Logan came into the kitchen, wiping the sleep from his eyes.

"What did you want?"

"It's 2 in the afternoon. You just woke up?" Logan nodded and got a Arizona tea from the fridge. "I just learned this trick with a water bottle and a washcloth and I really wanted to show you!"

"Magic tricks? Really? Have you been watching Now You See Me?" he joked.

"As a matter of fact, yes. I'm getting ready for the second one with Daniel Radcliffe. Now gather 'round and prepare to be amazed!" she pulled out a water bottle from the refrigerator and set it on the island. "Now! I will make a fish appear at the bottom of the bottle."

She did a bunch of unnecessary things with the wash cloth on the bottle and claimed she was finished. "I think I see the fish!" Logan said once he finally pulled off the cloth.

"Where?" She looked down the bottle and Logan squeezed the bottle, causing the water to fly up in her face and soak her tshirt, which was exactly what she was trying to do to him. "Mother fucker!"

She ran to the fridge and grabbed another water bottle and proceeded to chase Logan around the house, flinging water at him whenever she got close enough.

"Come on, Kan. That prank is all over the internet. And I saw the camera pointed towards us. Let's face it. I am the master prankster."

"Whatever, man. I'll get you some day. When you least expect it too."

"Yeah sure." then there was a knock at the door. "I'll go get it."

Kandyce changed her shirt while Logan went to answer the door. "Oh hey Tom!" she heard from the front door, causing her to run out there.

It was Lucas. "Dammit Logan! Screw you!" she hit him with her brush and went back into her bathroom to blow-dry her hair and fix it back to normal. Once she was finished, she joined Lucas and Logan in the kitchen so she could clean up the counters and the floor from all of the water.

"I see he got you again." Lucas noted. "I'm surprised you haven't caught on to his shenanigans yet."

"You see, I was trying to prank him. Didn't work, as you can see. Pisses me off." she grumbled as she mopped up the floor. "Please tell me you're taking him off my hands today." she turned to Lucas. "I might be hanging from the ceiling in a net if he stays here too long."

"Don't worry, Kan. I'm taking him for the day. We're going to go see one of the new movies or something."

"Make sure you go to Sun N' Surf with those new reclining seats! I go there as much as I can on Tuesdays in the off season for their 5 dollar Tuesdays. Take a blanket too."

"We will."

There was another knock at the door and Logan rushed to get it again. "Oh hey Tom!"

Kandyce rolled her eyes to Lucas. "It's probably Caroline or Tyler."

"This is such a lovely house." his British accent echoed in the living room. Kandyce's eyes widened and looked at Lucas.

"I guess he's not kidding this time."