The Advice

February 9, 2016

"Happy Birthday Tom!" Kandyce and Logan screamed into the phone, almost busting Tom's eardrums.

"Thank you guys! I miss you guys!"

"We miss you too, but some more than others..." Logan said and Kandyce was able to give him a dirty look without Tom seeing.

"I really loved the matching Jungle Book socks and the popcorn. It's delicious! Everyone has been snacking on it!"

"Don't wear this socks with those shoes!" She laughed, imagining how silly he would look with the same print from his shin to his feet. "And I used to work at that popcorn place in Ocean City all through high school and college. And I know you have quite the sweet tooth."

"I do, Darling, I do! Am I still on speaker phone?"

"Oh um," she shooed Logan out of her bedroom door and sent him to his room. "No not anymore."

"How was your cousins stay? He left Sunday, right?"

"He had a great time. We all did thing that we used to do when we were younger. I took him to a trampoline park! We were the oldest ones on the trampolines. We looked like loons!"

"Eheheh a trampoline park? That sounds like fun! I've never heard of one. You'll have to take me when I come visit."

"Seriously? You'll love it! It will help you burn all of that energy you have."

"I promise you I'll have energy for other things." He said suggestively. On his line, he was wiggling his eyebrows and wondering what Kandyce's reaction would be.

He could hear her laughing on the other side of the phone. "Thomas William! You can't say things like that when you're working!"

The sound of her laughter made him laugh as well. "I'm on my break, Darling. So, are you trying to say I can say things like that to you when I'm not working?"

"Y-you know what I mean." He was making her nervous.

"I was joking, Darling." he heard her chuckle nervously on the line. "I really miss you Darling. I can't wait until filming is done. I don't have as much fun if I'm hanging out with someone else." he said sincerely.

"I miss you too, Tom. When should you be done filming?"

"Hopefully by April. I'll come straight there after filming."

"Tom, I told you not to. Go see your family first!"

"But I want to see you first."

The two of them talked for another half an hour about how his filming has been going since the last time they had talked. Tom got off the phone feeling happy as per usual. He has been looking forward to her calling all day so he can tell her that he has received his birthday gifts from her.

By now, Tom had told everyone about Kandyce and has showed them their videos. Samuel L. Jackson already knew about her and Logan from when they interviewed him and Robert Downey Jr. when Age Of Ultron came out.

"Was that Kandyce?" Samuel said, walking into the break tent with Brie Larson.

"How can you tell?"

"By that shit-eating grin on your face! The only time we've ever seen you smile like that is when you're telling us about her." Brie explained.

"Yeah, you better snatch that girl up."

"Trust me, I've heard many times before. You guys, my family, Chris and Ben. I'm just trying not to rush into things like I usually do, you know? It never worked out."