The Healing

June 17, 2016

Kandyce woke up to her dogs jumping on her when her mother got to the house.

"I'm sorry, honey. I didn't mean for them to wake you up," her mother said crouched down next to the chair.

"It's okay, Momma. I'm glad you're here. I need some bonding time with you and Nina," she said while petting Ali on her lap.

"Well, she gets off at Target in about an hour so when she get's home, we have all weekend to do whatever you want to do."

"I just want to do whatever it takes to take my mind off of everything."

Meanwhile, in Rhode Island, Tom was sitting in Taylor's private jet with her and their publicists going over what they would be doing in the next week, starting with going to New York to plant some seeds to get the public to see that they are together.

Luke could tell how miserable Tom was and he started to feel really bad. But, she show must go on. Plus, Tom is a great actor, so this romance should go very well and should be very convincing. Soon enough, Tom's fame will skyrocket and he might be able to get back with Kandyce.

Tom, though, had no hope anymore. He knew that this whole thing was going to make Kandyce hate him, and that killed him to think about. He left her, just like all of her past boyfriends did and he had no hopes of getting her back. How is he going to explain to her why he took this gig, after all of the things she told him that Taylor did to her, if he really loved her? How is he going to provide proof of Taylor trying to blackmail him for this stunt? He had about three months to think everything he was going to do once this thing is over. He might have to start with San Diego Comic Con, since he knew that she was definitely going to be there for MTV.

————

Kandyce ended up choosing to go spend time with the family by going over to her Aunt Peggy's, where her whole mother's side of the family seems to be all of the time. She may not have been around the past year, but there was nothing like spending time with family. Her cousin Johnny and his kids seemed to be there as well as her little cousin Karissa, who was given her middles name Page.

"Kandyyyyy!"

"Hey, Sis! How's school going?"

"I just graduated middle school!"

"You're now a high schooler? Lord, where did the time go?"

"When is the next time you're going to take me to a concert?"

"How about I look online for anything and I'll let you know by Sunday before I go back to New York?"

Karissa engulfed Kandyce in a hug and squealed, "You are the best cousin ever!"

"Always have been."

Karissa went to go hang out with the rest of the kids and Kandyce sat down at the table where all of the adults of the family sit to gossip about those who weren't present and listen to 90s country music.

There was a lot about the family that she had to catch up on. She found out that the cousin that she was a round the most growing up, Katie, had totaled her 5th car and was now pregnant with her married landlord's baby who was also close to her father's age.

All while she was listening to her family talk, she was also on Ticketmaster to find something to take Karissa to in the future to spend some time with her. Kandyce has always been her role model and although Kandyce doesn't think she is all that great, Karissa does and wants to be just like her when she gets older.

She actually found a concert that peaked her interest and it was actually tomorrow night in Baltimore and there were still tickets available for general admission and meet and greet tickets.