The Beach

April 2, 2016

Logan came home in the morning to Tom and Kandyce fixing breakfast.

"Morning Lovelies! What did you guys do last night?" Logan asked hoping for answer that involved them getting together.

"We watched a few movies and then went to bed. Nothing too significant."

Tom and Kandyce decided to keep their developing relationship on the down low from Logan. Kandyce knew that Logan would make too much of a big deal about it and meddle in. Tom agreed with Kandyce having known Logan for so long.

"Where did you have Tom sleep?"

"I slept on the futon. Kandyce offered me the bed but I couldn't let her give that up."

Kandyce finished making the waffles and set them on the island and then got her trusty Lucky Charms from the cabinet along with the milk from the fridge. After Logan was finished with the can of whipped cream, she took it and dispensed a little too much in her mouth.

"Eheheh woah there, Cujo." Tom laughed as the whipped cream fell into the cereal.

"Sorry about her. There's a reason why we try not to have whipped cream in the house."

Kandyce grinned with her mouth full which caused Tom to laugh even more.

"So do you guys have any plans today?"

"I think I'm going to take him up on the boardwalk. I'm dying for some Thrasher's."

"That sounds wonderful. Are there rides? I haven't been to an amusement park in ages!"

"Yeah Jolly Rogers and Trimpers might be open. They're typical state fair rides."

"Perfect. Let me go get dressed." Tom hopped up with excitement and ran into Kandyce's room to get dressed.

Logan stared at Kandyce looking suspicious.

"What?"

"You sure you two didn't do anything last night?" he said, eyes narrowing.

"Positive. What did you and Lucas get into last night?"

"Oh you know, the usual. Movies, sex, and then some more sex."

"Alright that's enough."

Tom came out of the bedroom in a tshirt and jeans, ready to go.

"Great! My turn." Kandyce got up to go get ready after putting her bowl in the dishwasher.

"I really love this house. It's very beautiful."

"Kan picked it out. She begged me to get a house with her because she wouldn't get along that well with her mom's boyfriend. And because they didn't get along, her and her mom didn't get along. So I didn't blame her."

After Kandyce was finished getting dressed, she went into her bathroom to do something with her hair and makeup. When she turned on the light, she noticed a post-it note on her mirror.

You're beautiful xx TH

Such a simple note and her day was made. She was never expecting for this to happen the first day Tom got there. She was hoping it would happen, but wasn't expecting anything extraordinary like this.

Not wanting to waste anymore time, she applied some makeup and slipped on her sandals after grabbing the post-it and slipping it in her pocket in case Logan wanted to go snooping.

"I'm ready when you are!"

"Let's get to it then!" Tom got up from the barstool and walked over to Kandyce as she was grabbing her wallet and keys.