The Meeting

October 13, 2015

7AM-3PM

It was a lovely breezy day in New York City. The trees in Central Park were transitioning into their fall colors and people were starting to wear sweaters and boots. The photographers were out capturing the beauty that was Autumn and the runners spent more time looking at their surroundings rather than the ground beneath them.

Tom Hiddleston was enjoying his early morning run with his publicist before his busy day of interviews for his upcoming movie coming out this Friday. His fellow cast members were also in the city preparing for upcoming festivities. Paparazzi were also out and about this morning, hoping to get some photos of Tom's early morning workout routine.

Downtown, Kandyce Thomas was in her hotel room getting her employee and best friend Logan ready for his interview with Tom Hiddleston which was scheduled for 2PM. Logan was famous for his interviews on YouTube channel, which Kandyce created and also manages, called Ten Minutes Of Bullshit, where he asks celebrities really random and funny questions that she write to sort of give celebrities a break from all of the same, repetitive questions. Kandyce doesn't do the interviews herself because she wasn't the most confident person in the world. Logan had always been the most confident out of the two of them. They had been friends since high school when Logan was having trouble with his sexuality.

Being gay was not very accepted on the Eastern Shore. Everyone was mostly a Christian Homophobic Redneck, so Logan coming out wasn't the easiest of things there. Kandyce was with him every step of the way and eventually they went to college together and became roommates while Kandyce was going to medical school. Kandyce was very smart, but being a surgeon didn't turn out well for her. She couldn't get passed the test to be able to be one, so she took up her side hobby, YouTube, and turned it into a full-time job.

Kandyce was rummaging through Logan's suitcase to find him something to wear when she heard him starting to get sick in the bathroom. She dropped the clothes and rushed to the bathroom to see Logan leaning over the toilet, emptying the contents of his stomach. Her hand went to work rubbing his back as he finished.

"Kandyce, I can't do the interview like this. Look at me. I'd throw up all over him."

Kandyce sighed. "You don't feel any better after that?"

"No if anything, I feel worse. You're going to have to do this, Kandyce. Just this once."

"I can't do the interview! I'm a wreck! You know how much anxiety I get."

"Kandyce, you'll do great. You write all of this stuff anyway. Be the one to ask your own questions for a change."

She knew that she would have to do this whether she liked it or not. She wished in defeat and helped Logan get into his bed with the trashcan and medication sitting at his side for when he needed it. After she got him situated, she ran into the bathroom to do her hair and makeup for the interview. She curled her long, dark brown hair which had streaks of blue, green, and purple peeking out underneath. The colors were very noticeable when she curled it, making it look very cool. She applied enough makeup to cover her under eye circles and any blemishes she might have as well as applying her favorite green eyeshadows, creating a nice gradient on her lid and also bringing out her hazel eyes. After lining her eyes and applying mascara, she put on a simple Chapstick, not wanting any color on her lips.

Now she had to find something to wear.

"Logan, what should I wear? Should I just go casual or semi-formal?"

"You could do a nice medium."

"Good idea!"

She went through her suitcase to find her fit and flare jeans and her white long-sleeved button up shirt that fit her perfectly. The bust was just big enough to where it doesn't pull at the buttons and it looked even better when she rolled up the sleeves to her elbows. She tied the whole thing together with her black leather converse, which were the perfect shoes for casual and formal. Once dressed, she gathered all of her things in her work backpack, put on her signature Ed Hardy Skulls and Roses perfume, bid Logan farewell, and headed out the door.