Lance X Reader {The Night We Met}

Lance X Male!reader
Modern AU
The Night We Met
Song: The Night We Met by Lord Huron
Kinda Angsty

Lance's POV
I sat in my living room, the TV lighting up the dark room. Bottles and food wrappers were left scattered on my table and a bit of hair had grown on my chin. I closed my eyes, holding back my tears. The thought of you kept creeping into my mind. What did I do to deserve you and how the hell did I loose you so easily. I opened my eyes again and looked up at the ceiling, flashing back to the day that changed my life forever.

(Flashbacks will be in bold 😊)

"Hi! I'm Y/N. You must be Lance." The short boy smiled, looking up at me. My cheeks changed to shades of red.

"Yeah. I'm Lance. But you can call me your boyfriend." I said, flirting. He smiled and rolled his eyes. His eyes were a beautiful e/c color, something that I haven't seen before in my life. They were so beautiful. His hair was h/l and a beautiful h/c color. He was perfect and so handsome.

"Y/N! Let's go! Dad is gonna kill us if we aren't back in time for dinner." His brother, James, called.

"I have to go. It was good meeting you, Lance." He said, smiling as he looked back at his brother and ran off. James wrapped his arm around his little brothers shoulders and messed up his hair, probably teasing him. I smiled and blushed, stuffing my hands into my pockets.

More tears ran down my face as I remember your gorgeous eyes staring at me, then you smiling at me, your adorable dimples beginning to show.

"You have the cutest dimples!" I said, smiling and holding his hand as we walked down the moonlit path.

"Oh stop. They're weird." He said, smiling up at me.

"Well I like that, cutie pie." I said, smiling. He smiled and leaned up against me.

"Lance. I love you." He whispered, squeezing my hand lightly.

"I love you too, Y/N." I said, smiling.

Just remembering you tell me how much you loved me made my heart shatter. I never understood how we got so far, yet everything went crumbling down like we didn't build a foundation at all.

"Lance! Come help me with this box, it's heavy and I can't lift it." Y/N yelled for me, getting some of his boxes out of my car. After dating for almost two years, we decided to get a small apartment in the city and start our lives together.

"Aww do you need a big strong man to help you, honey?" I asked, smiling and picking up the box.

"Yeah if you see one let me know." He said, smiling. I gasped and put my hand on my heart, pretending to be offended. He smiled and stood up on his tippy toes, kissing my lips lightly. I kissed back and smiled, pulling away and going inside to put the box down. He grabbed my hand and looked around our apartment.

"I'm so glad I'm here with you." He said, smiling and leaning up against me. I smiled and kissed his head.

"Me too." I said, smiling.

Once we moved in together, things went a bit downhill. Everything was so perfect the first couple of months, then the stress of bills and working and never being able to see each other weighed us down.

It was around 11 PM and I finally got off of work. I walked inside to see Y/N tapping his foot angrily.

"Lance where the hell have you been!?" He asked, his eyes tearing up.

"Honey I told you I had to work late." I said, putting my bag down.

"You didn't tell me 11 at night, Lance! This is getting insane." He said, looking up at me.

"Can we just talk about this tomorrow? I'm exhausted." I said, looking down at him.

"No! We will have this discussion right now." He said. I huffed but nodded.

"Fine. What do you want to yell at me about this time." I said, crossing my arms and looking down at him.

"I never ever fucking see you! You work all the time and when you're off I work! This is getting crazy, Lance." He said, tears running down his face.

"Look I'm trying my best, ok? I don't control my schedule or yours." I said. He looked up at me and shook my head.

"This relationship is crumbling and all you do is blame me. I love you Lance, but if nothing is going to change, I'm leaving." He said, storming off.

"Y/N!" I yelled, running after him. He ran into our bedroom and slammed the door, locking it behind him. I leaned up against the door and huffed.

The fighting got so awful. I would never get a chance to talk to you or see you anymore. You had every right to freak out, I was the one that caused off of this.

"Y/N!" I called, walking inside. I made sure to come home early so I get some time with Y/N. He walked out of the bedroom, holding his bag. He looked down at the floor, tears running down his cheeks.

"L-Lance. I need to go." He whispered. My eyes widened as tears ran down my face.

"W-what do you mean? Where are you going?" I asked, more tears coming now.

"I'm going to stay with James for a while. This relationship isn't working anymore. I-I'm sorry." He said, looking up at me. His face was drenched with tears, new ones and marks from old ones.

"Y-Y/N. Please don't. We can work this out." I said, grabbing his arm. He shook his head no and connected his lips to mine. I kissed back and held him close to me. He pulled away quickly and wiped away his tears.

"Goodbye, Lance." He said, walking away. I watched as he opened the front door. He looked back at me, then quickly looked away, leaving the house.

My heart began to beat quickly as I thought about the last kiss you and I shared. It was so amazing, yet so rushed. God do I miss you. A knock on the door interrupted my sadness. I got up and opened the door to see Y/N. He stood in the doorway, covered in rain.

"I missed you." He mumbled, looking up at me. My eyes widened as I noticed he held his bag. I grabbed his face and kissed his roughly. He kissed back and wrapped his arms around my neck. We pulled away and he smiled, hugging me tightly.

"I'm so sorry Lance. I couldn't leave you." He whispered.

"It's ok. I'm just glad you're back." I said, smiling. He smiled and nodded, coming back inside. I turned on the lights and of course it was a mess, but nothing a little cleaning couldn't fix. Y/N put his bag down and grabbed my hand, pulling me to the bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I never really made Lance Angst but I'd barely call this angst. I love writing sad Lance :0. This song is also fucking beautiful, it fit really perfectly. I hope you all enjoyed :)

-D 💛