Lance X Reader {Single Parent}

Lance X Female! Reader
Single Parent
Modern AU
Song: Rockabye by Clean Bandit

Your POV
'Luke! Cmon we're gonna be late!' I yelled from the kitchen in mine and my son, Lukes apartment. My five year old came running into the room, his smiling wide. He was missing a couple of teeth and his short, black hair fell into his face.

'Look at you! You're gonna have so much fun today!' I said, picking him up and kissing his head.

'I can't wait to meet everyone momma!' Luke smiled, hugging me. I smiled and put him down.

'Cmon lets put your shoes on and get ready, ok?' I said. He smiled and grabbed his shoes, jumping on the couch. I smiled and kneeled down, helping him put his shoes on. He smiled at me as I picked him up, grabbing his backpack and walking out to my car. I strapped him into his car seat and got into the drivers side, starting my car and driving towards the small preschool close to our apartment building. I pulled into the parking lot and quickly got out, grabbing Luke and walking in.

'Hello I'm Ms L/N and this is my son Luke. It's his first day.' I said, holding Luke on my hip.

'Ah yes. Mr Shirogane's room is the second on the left.' The receptionist said. I smiled and nodded, quickly walking down the hallway. I opened the door to Mr. Shirogane's room and saw a bunch of adults with small children like Luke.

'Ah Hello! I am Mr. Shirogane, you must be Luke!' He said, bending down to Luke's level. Luke smiled eagerly and I smiled.

'I'm Shiro. I can't wait to get to know little Luke here!' He said. I smiled and heard the door opened. I looked back to see a tall man with hazel skin and bright blue eyes. Next to him stood a small girl, with the same skin, but lighter hair.

'Hey Shiro.' The man waved.

'Ah Lance! Good to see you! I'm guessing this is your daughter?' Shiro asked, looking down at the small girl.

'Haha I wish. No this is my niece. My sister couldn't be here today so I decided to bring in Sophie today.' The man, Lance, said. Shiro smiled and turned around to face all of the parents.

'Ok parents! You can all come back to pick up your children around 12!' Shiro said. I smiled and bent down to Luke's size.

'Have so much fun today Luke! I'll be back soon. I love you very much.' I said, kissing his forehead. He smiled and hugged me.

'I love you momma!' He said, before rubbing off to talk to some of the other kids. I stood up and smiled, walking out. I huffed as I leaned against the wall, tears running down my face. I wasn't used to Luke being around, and it was definitely gonna be hard on me.

'First day huh?' I heard someone say. I looked up to see the same guy from earlier.

'Oh. Uh yeah.' I said, wiping my tears.

'I know how you feel. They grow up way too fast. I'm Lance.' He said. Sticking out his hand in front of me. I laughed and took it, shaking it.

'I'm Y/N. And my sons name is Luke.' I said, smiling a bit.

'He's a very attractive young guy.' Lance said. I smiled as we began to walk out together.

'Do you have any kids?' I asked, looking up at him.

'Heh I wish. No I don't. I've never found the right girl for me to settle down with I guess.' He said, holding his jacket in his hands.

'Mmm. I feel you.' I said, looking down at my shoes.

'Well I don't see a wedding ring on that hand. Either means you're divorced or single?' Lance said, raising an eyebrow. I laughed and shook my head.

'Yeah I'm single. Luke's father ran out on us when he found out I was pregnant.' I said, looking up at him.

'Oh shit I'm so sorry. That really blows.' Lance said.

'Yeah. It does suck. But I've gotten this far, no point stopping now huh?' I said. Lance smiled and nodded.

'I like your attitude.' Lance said, walking me to my car.

'Here's my number. You better call me ok?' He said. I smiled and nodded. He winked and walked away, leaving me stunned and confused. I really liked Lance, and wanted to get to know him.

•2 Weeks Later•

Two weeks pasted and me and Lance talked all the time. He was a huge help with Luke when I had to work, and Luke really liked him.

'Momma! Can Lance take me to class today?' Luke asked, tugging on my shirt as I packed his lunch.

'Not today Luke. Momma wants to take you in. Lance said he wants to come by this weekend and play some soccer with you. How about that?' I asked, looking down at him. He nodded quickly and I smiled. He ran into the living room and jumped onto the couch, putting on his shoes. I put his lunchbox in his bag and we ran out to the car. We walked into the classroom and I kissed Luke goodbye.

'Have an amazing day baby. I'll see you later.' I said, stroking his cheek and pushing his hair behind his ear.

'Bye momma!!' Luke yelled, running off to meet up with his friends. I waved to Shiro and smiled as I quickly left the room.

'Hey Y/N! Wait up!' I heard a specific voice yell. I turned around and saw Lance. I smiled and waited up for him as he caught up with me.

'Hey Lance.' I said, smiling as we walked out together.

'How's Luke?' He asked, looking down at me.

'He's great! Really excited to see you this weekend.' I said, unlocking my car.

'He's an amazing kid. Just like his mother.' Lance flirted. I blushed and shoved his shoulder a bit.

'Shut up.' I smiled. He smiled and jumped into the passenger seat.

'I guess you're coming over.' I laughed. He chuckled and I drove home. We walked inside and he grabbed my hips, pulling me against him. I blushed heavily and looked up at him.

'L-Lance?' I asked.

'Y/N. I really like you and Luke. And I wanna be here to see him growing up. And I wanna be here with you, always.' He said.

'I-Id like that. And I think Luke would too.' I said. Lance smiled and kissed my lips passionately. I kissed back, wrapping my arms around his neck. His hands slid farther down my waist.

'I love you.' He mumbled against my lips. I hummed in response and kissed him harder.

•1 Year Later•
I looked in the backyard of our new, two story house to see Lance and Luke chasing each other, covering in mud. I laughed, rolling my eyes as Lance caught my gaze. He waved and picked up Luke, who also waved. I opened the back door and smiled.

'You guys aren't coming in my house covering in all that.' I said, giggling.

'Well what are we supposed to do then?' Lance asked. I shrugged and Lance smirked. He put Luke down and grabbed my hand, pulling me into the mud. I gasped and looked up at him. He smeared mud down my shirts

'Oh you're dead.' I yelled, tackling him into the mud. I hovered over top of him, smiling. Luke came running over and sat next to us. I moved off of Lance and Luke jumped on top of him.

'Ok boys. Bath time.' I said, picking up Luke off of Lance. I took off my shoes and quickly raced to the bathroom. I ran a bath for Luke while I took off my dirty clothes and threw on cleaner clothes. After Luke got out I quick cleaned off, then went downstairs. Lance laid on the couch, his hair wet from showering. I ruffled his hair and kissed his head before sitting on the other side.

'I love you boys.' I hummed, laying against Lance as Luke sat on the floor, playing with his legos.

'We love you too.'

~~~~~~~~~~
Please excuse any spelling errors, its 1 am and I'm exhausted but really wanted to write this lolol.

Bonus points if anyone can guess who Luke's father is
Hint: He's from this fandom ;)