Shiro X Reader {Dont leave me alone}

~Warning: Very sad. I'm sowry :(~

                     Shiro X Female!Reader
                            Modern AU
                  Don't leave me alone
        Song: Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift

Your POV
"S-Shiro! Please! Wake up! Please! I'm begging you!" I yelled as tears spilled down my already red cheeks. I looked down at the love of my life, who's body lay stiff. His beautiful grey eyes stayed closed, blocking him from seeing the colorful world. To me this world was grey without him. He was my everything.

"Shiro! Please! I love you with all my heart! You can't leave me alone! Please!" I yelled, more tears coming. I blinked fast and grabbed onto Shiro's hand. It was cold, more like freezing. His breathing was very slow, at least he was breathing. The nurses rushed him to his room and Keith held me back. I cried into his shirt, and he held me.

"He will be ok Y/N. I promise." Keith said. I pushed him away from me, feeling drunk off of my own tears.

"I just want to be alone." I yelled harshly. Everyone looked at me but nodded. I sat in the waiting room, tears still coming. My heart raced and I wished I was the one in the bed. I wish it was me who was dying in a hospital room. I wish he was the one calling my name. He doesn't deserve any of this. No one does. My chest ached and it felt like my heart had been ripped out. I shook all over, my eyes blurring from all my tears.

~Hours Later~

"Ms L/N?" A doctor called. I looked up, my tears finally settling back into my eyes.

"Yes yes!? That's me! How is Shiro!?" I asked as I jumped up, hope running through my veins.

"Shiro is in a coma. I'm so sorry." The doctor said. My heart dropped. That one word kept replaying in my head.

"Coma"

"Coma"

"COMA!"

My legs felt weak. I almost fell but Keith caught me.

"C-c-coma?" I managed to stutter out, my eyes becoming blurry again. The doctor nodded and I felt like my heart was in my throat. Keith stood me up straight and I looked at the doctor, hoping this whole hell of a day was a dream.

"I'm so sorry. We have no idea when he will be waking up. But I bet over time he will wake up." The doctor said.

"The hell with time! I want him awake now!" I snapped. Lance massaged my shoulders and I began to calm down. But the burning in my heart never stopped.

"I'm so sorry. I understand how hard this must be. But you may go talk to him." The doctor said as he walked away. Everyone looked at me and nodded towards his room. I took a deep breath, still shaking. I walked weakly towards his door. I opened it and there laid Shiro. His body looked stiff. He was hooked up to machines and medicines. His chest rose slowly then went back down. His breathing was so slow. It felt like hours until he breathed again. His heart monitor beeped slowly. I sat down next to his bed, holding his hand. It felt like ice. I closed my eyes, my heart still thumping in my ears.

"S-Shiro... I hate seeing you like this. I'm so sorry. I wish I could take your place. I love you so much. Please don't leave me alone."

~One Year Later~
  It's been a year since Shiro slipped into a coma. He hasn't woken up. I visit him every day. I even sleep over at times. Allura tells me that it's unhealthy for me to keep breaking myself apart every time i see him. But Allura isn't someone I listen to. She isn't my boss. And Shiro is the love of my life. Today was his birthday. He'd be 26, but he didn't look a day over 20. I walked into the room and sat in my usual chair. I grabbed his hand and this time it felt warm.

"Happy Birthday Shiro." I said, looking up at his body. His chest went up and down lightly. His eyes were closed, making me miss the life that was behind those grey eyes.

"You know. I had a dream last night that you woke up. I woke up hopeful. But you weren't there. I miss hearing your voice and making fun of you for your stupid hair cut you got almost a year ago. I miss staring into this grey eyes of yours, and getting lost. I never told you how I feel, and I wish I did. I wish I told you a while ago. You deserve to know how I feel. So I'm going to tell you." I said, holding his hand tighter as tears began to fall.

"When I first met you, I thought you were bossy and controlling. But then that dad side of you came out, and I fell in love." I said, more tears spilling.

"Then I remember how you teased me about how I fought. You told me I fought like a girl. We laughed for hours about the stupidest of things. And I knew then that I loved you. You mean the world to me. I just want you to be here with me. We could grow a small family. Get a little house. I don't care what we do or what happens to us. I just want to be with you. I'll wait a million years if a have to. I just want to hug you and you holding me. And you pushing our kids on a swing set. And me getting worried about the smallest of things. And you telling me I worry too much." I said, laughing as I wiped away my tears.

"I want you to be with me for the rest of our days. In this reality or not." I said, squeezing his hand. His heart beat began to quicken. I looked up and saw his eyes flutter open. I gasped and he looked over at me.

"You do fight like a girl." He said. I bursted into years and hugged him. He sat up and hugged me.

"I love you so much. Please don't ever leave me alone." I said, looking up at him. He smiled.

"I love you too Y/N. I'll love you forever. Whether it's in this reality or not. You're my world."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm so proud of this one damnnn. I'm sorry just so sad I just randomly got this idea and ran with it lolol. I hope you all enjoy!