Part 33 Good News...Kinda?

"Whatch where you're goin baseball freak!"

Gokudera had been walking to the Sawada household for another Tsuna related meeting, The boy had been missing for almost a month now. On his way he had run straight into Yamamoto.

He didn't know the other too well, all he knew is that Yamamoto was one of Tsuna's few friends. He'd seen the baseball player come by every few meetings, but was never there consistently. But with their few interactions, Gokudera knew he wasn't fond of Yamomoto. 

Frankly he found all of Tsuna's friends intolerable. Yamamoto was annoying and painfully oblivious. Haru was just loud, only won out by that one boxing kid who made his rounds at 4AM. Then there was Hibari, an absolute madman. Gokudera was almost sure the prefect was an UMA.

Gokudera shoved past Yamamoto with an indignant huff, only futher dismayed when the other followed. "Don't you have places to be, like baseball practice or whatever shit you do!" he growled in annoyance.

Yamamoto just laughed, ffurther angering him. "Probably, but I wanted to check on the search! Tsuna's real good at hide'n'seek, but this is next level huh?" He grinned cheerily as he slung his arm around Gokudera's shoulders.

Gokudera shoved him away with a bark, "Get off baseball freak, don't act like you know me!" He quickly walked inside with Yamamoto blabbering behind him.

The meeting was held in Nori and Sora's room on this occasion. They all sat around for what they suspected would be another fruitless meeting.

The only person missing was Reborn, so they waited patiently.

Gokudera was between Nori and Sora, not daring to look at his sister who was chatting with Fuuta and Yamamoto. 

"Will you be fine with you're sister here?" Sora asked as he messed with a rubix cube in his hands. He did this often, especially if he was nervous, which was almost always. Sora had all but given up on the search. It wasn't that he didn't care, but at this point he was sure Tsuna fell off the radar purposefully.

Nori leaned against Gokudera tapping his foot impatiently. "Where the hell is he?!" he growled beneath his breath. 

At the moment Reborn fell from nowhere, his tiny foot colliding painfully with the back of Nori's head. The impact knocked the teen off the bed, not that the hitman cared. "I hope you aren't talking about me idiota, I've been here the whole time."

Then why didn't you say anything! Nori thought but didn't dare speak. But Reborn must have heard anyhow because he gave Nori a death glare. "So any news?"

Reborn smirked.

Everyone jumped up suddenly enthralled in the words yet to be spoken. Even Gokudera was excited to hear about Tsuna's whereabouts, not that he'd ever admit that.

Reborn raised his hand to let Leon skitter onto his arm first, to feed into the suspense. "News has it that Tsuna was seen in France, talking to some troubling members of mafioso. Some reports say he was spotted in Belgium, and it's suspected he's currently in London." He paused, petting Leon, letting everyone soak in the information.

Yamamoto was the first to speak up, fortunately or unfortunaley so. "Isn't it against the rules to hide in other countries?"

"This ain't hide'n'seek dumbass!" Gokudera snapped immediately. Nori and Sora held him down just in case he launched himself at Yamamoto.

Yamamoto only tilted his head in confusion, "So... some kind of world wide rpg then? Woah, that's even more fun!"

Sora sighed with a small smile, "Is that what you really think?"

He nodded confidently, "I mean what else would it be?"

Fuuta giggled softly, not sure if Yamamoto was joking or not. He was just happy that their search was getting somewhere. "So Reborn, when are we going to bring him back?"

Reborn nodded with a shrug, "Iemetsu has sent some agents to personally bring Tsuna back to HQ. But it seems that his agents are as stupid as him, so they are having a bit of trouble with that. But he seems to be safe for now."

An air of relief filled the room, for once in a long time in ages the house wan't suffocating with despair. 

Bianchi smiled with small tears welling up in her eyes, but she'd stay tough for the kids. "You mentioned some troubling mafiaso, what's that about?"

The hitman shook his head in amusement, "He's a magnet for trouble it seems." He placed Leon back on his hat brim. "None of my sources are sure, but it's believed he's with members of the Acerbi and Estreano family. Also Varia."

Bianchi, Gokudera, and Fuuta gasped in horror. 

"Who's Estreano, Acerbi, and Varia?" Sora asked. Nori was curious as well, he knew of Varia for sure. But Estreano was always a vague topic, and Acerbi was a whole new name.

"Varia is an elite  independent assassination squad under Vongola. They take on inhuman missions, and almost always come out on top, nobody knows where they are." Gokudera answered tightly.

"But that's good right?" Sora assumed that anybody part of Vongola was onh their side. Varia sounded terrifying, but having strong allies was good according to what he learned.

Gokudera scoffed, "They are independent for a reason, they hate taking orders from Vongola. They have no loyalty, think of them as guard dogs from hell gone wild."

"O-oh..." Sora looked down at his rubix cube solemnly. He wondered how safe Tsuna could be around those kinds of people.

"The other two?"  Nori asked sitting up from the floor. He crossed his legs neatly and rested his elbows on his knees.

"Estreano is known for their disgusting human experiments, they were punished when they were found out. We don't make it easy for them to get their hands on new test subjects, so they resorted to testing on their own children." Reborn paused, letting his rage settle. World's best hitman or not, even he had limits.

"But, " he began again. "A while back a strange occurrence afflicted them, and they were murdered in their own home. Few survived, but their heir was allegedly one of the survivors. So they turned to the Acerbi family, and those traitorous bastards welcomed them. Not a shock as they always had a strong bond together."

Nori nodded hesitantly. His excitement was snuffed. Sure his brother was alive, but now he wondered for how long. This sent a new wave of nerves through him, his head was just full on new worries. It all overwhelmed Nori.

"You okay tenth?" Gokudera inquired as he noticed the far off look on Nori's face. He learned that this face was Nori overthinking, which was never good. 

Nori nodded thankfully, "Y-yeah, no need to worry."

"If a boss gets so freaked out about something like this, you'll surely get you're family killed." Reborn commented on his way out of the room. 

"Guess he's right about that," Nori grumbled under his breath. Standing up also made his way out the door, "Meeting dismissed I guess. I'll tell mom the good news." Before he left he felt a tug on the back of his shirt. "Yeah?"

Fuuta held his book up for the older boy to see. "Since Nori-nii is worried I wanted to show you this." He pointed to a line of his book labelled Tsuna. "Says that Tsuna is #2 in mafia survival."

Nori stared for a few moments before ruffling the boy's hair with a soft smile. "Well I guess Tsuna-nii will be fine, thanks Fuuta."

"You're welcome!"

Oh look, an update! ANd not a year later, weird right? I dunno what I was goin for here, kindaa messy but that's outta the way. So anyhow, I'm gonna be prepping that mini QnA I was planning a while back. Also heads up, I'm working on another KHR story. Another reincarnation fic, but on the lines of a 'reborn in the khr universe' kinda stuff!