33: Eichen House

Sean groaned as he came to. He was restrained with the leather restraints used in Eichen to restrain unruly patients. His back was to the post that was in the middle of the room, Stiles and Lydia on either side of him.

"Help us!" Lydia was screaming. "Help us! Someone help!"

"Lydia, there's a lot of people screaming for help in a place like this," Stiles said.

"Have a better idea?" Sean asked.

"If you didn't notice," Lydia said. "Those suicides were murders."

"That's why she left you the message," Stiles said.

"She predicted her own death. She knew I'd figure it out."

While the teens spoke, Sean was trying to reach the buckles on the restraints.

"Once you were able to predict your own," Brunski said. He shut the door behind him. "But they weren't murders."

"You and I have a different definition of murder, then," Sean said.

"I'm not some serial killer like Ted Bundy going around cutting up college girls." He crouched down in front of Lydia.

"No, you're just an Angel of Death," Stiles said.

Brunski moved next to him. "I don't think you understand my level of commitment to my work here, Stiles. There are people here who don't simply need treatment. They need release."

"Still sounds like murder to me," Sean said.

Brunski moved around to Sean. "You should know. How many people have you killed? Or had a part of in their deaths?"

"I don't kill in cold blood or if I think someone needs to die. I kill in self-defense."

Brunski snorted. "If that's what helps you sleep at night. I helped these people. I helped Lorraine."

"You killed her," Lydia whispered.

Brunski's attention went back to Lydia. "I helped her." He moved back to Lydia. "And now you can help me. Because there is something about it that's always bothered me." He held a tape in Lydia's face.

Sean looked over his shoulder and saw the name of Lydia's grandmother on it. "You taped them as they died?" Sean asked as Brunski grabbed the stereo he'd brought into the room. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"You don't have the right to judge me, Procurer."

Sean blinked. How had he known about that?

"Oh, yes, I know a lot more than you think I do." He pressed play on the tape and they heard footsteps and a door.

"What are you...," Lorraine's voice came out of the speakers. "Brunski, what are you doing?"

"Don't worry, Lorraine," Brunski's voice said. "It's going to be alright. You're just going to have a little trouble breathing."

Sean leaned as close to Lydia as he could. "Don't listen, Lydia," he said. "Listen to my voice, Lydia. Listen to me."

"Turn it off!" Stiles screamed as Sean tried to keep Lydia's attention.

Brunski punched Stiles and Lydia gave a gasp.

"Lydia, look at me." Lydia turned her head towards Sean, tears streaming down her face. "Just focus on me, okay. Just focus on my voice." Sean received a punch from Brunski next.

"Stop!" Lydia cried.

Brunski grabbed her by the jaw. "Then listen. Just listen. I need your help with this Lydia."