• T W E N T Y - PT 2 •

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." He nods. "He did he'll come in the morning and for us to get some rest."

"Okay." She nods before looking at Caden. "Do you mind taking Zack up to the guest room, he could use some sleep?"

"Of course," Caden says. Zack and he both stand up and walk out.

"Let me take you-"

"I'll take her to her room." Carter cut me off and has Sophia in his arms quicker than I could say anything else.

Emily smiles, forcefully and places a hand on Carter's arm. "I'll wait for you in the car, so we can go home." She places a long kiss on his lips and walks out. I follow Carter out of the room and to my own room, ready for some much-needed sleep.

Sophia's POV:

I wrap my arms tightly around Carter's neck as he walks up to every step, upstairs. I rest my head on his shoulder, taking in that familiar smell of his cologne.

"Are you smelling me?" He asks grinning as I open my eyes.

"Maybe." I shrug and wince as he places me gently down on my bed.

He turns to walk out the room but I grip his hand. The tingles and sparks shot up my arm like no tomorrow.

"Help me change, please."

He looks conflicted, but nods.

He walks into my closet and comes back with a fresh set of clothes, including my undergarments. I lift my arms up as he removes the dirty t-shirt.

I unbutton my pants and begin to pull off. Carter gently tries to take them off without hurting me. He then unclips my bra and connects his eyes with mine, not looking anywhere else. I pull on the big white t-shirt he brought out.

"You don't even understand how much it hurts me to see you in pain. He groans and closes his eyes before opening them again and pulling my panties off.

"I have zero self-control right now."

I grip his t-shirt in my hand tightly, my hormonal levels are extremely high right now from how close he is to me.

"Why even have that self-control?" I whisper as his hand trail across my bare thigh close to my sex.

"You don't understand how bad I want you right now."

"Then why don't you have me." I gasp feeling the palm of his hand across my sex.

"Because. . ." He glances down at my lips. I'm an idiot for what I'm about to do, but I can't resist. My lips claim themselves on top of his. He pushes me back gently and kisses me back after the small shock.

I let out a low moan when he gently rubs clits. His tongue skims my lower lip asking for permission which I gladly accept. But then, my lips are left bare and so is my body.

He takes several steps backs, running a hand through his hair. "Fuck, I can't kiss you."

"Why?"

"Because. . . Because. . . I'm with Emily and she's going to be the mother of my child." He sighs shaking his head. "We can't do this, we can't kiss, we can't touch each other."  He turns around and leaves the room.

I let the one single tear roll down my cheek as I pulled on the fresh pair of panties and shorts he got out for me. I always play myself, I do stupid things which gets me into stupid situations.

I lay back down and stare at my ceiling as I hear the sound a car drive away. I roll my eyes at my pathetic self. I had to get Carter out of my mind, I had to forget about him.

Why does it always happen to me? Why does the guy I always love never love me back? Am I really that broken and destroyed that people find it hard to love me?

Jake doesn't even talk to me anymore and that guy is my brother. We used to be like best-friends who tell each other everything. But now I feel like that's all just a lie, because he's lied to me on more than one occasion.

I'm trying to protect everyone else and letting myself get damaged. I'm trying to not get everyone else killed, but I'm slowly killing myself.

I had to find Cindy and then maybe move away from all of this. Move away from California and back home. New York was my home, I was born and raised there, maybe it's time I do go back home.

• • •

People are telling me to update faster. Please stop telling me that. I've written in the description box that there will be slow updates.

I've started college again and I'm trying to focus on that. It doesn't mean that I'll stop writing, writing is something that maybe I'll never stop doing. But updates will be slow.

Also if you haven't already realised, I'm following people back, so follow me and I'll follow you back.

Vote, comment and follow❤️