"I know, but we can't, we can only move forward." 

***

Later the evening when Marcus got back from dinner with some of his friends he stopped by Jade's door. He knew he should give her the space his brother demanded she needed, but he told himself that he just needed to make sure she was okay. Pulling out his spare key it surprised him when he saw the door wasn't locked and knew he would tell Jade about the importance of locking her door.

The first thing he noticed when he walked inside was the musky smell that lingered in the air. It smelt like no one had opened the windows and the smell of piss and vomit clung to the inside of his nostrils. As he took his first step in, his boots came in contact with an empty bottle that he picked up and smelled.  

One whiff of the strong alcohol caused Marcus to pull it away from his nose and really glance around the room. The place was filled with empty glass bottles and broken glass. He could see stains on the floor and he couldn't tell if it was the piss he smelt or stains from the alcohol that had spilled.

He saw Jade's chair turned over and pills scattering across the floor and coffee table. The more he looked around the room the more he felt his temper rising. His worry for Jade started to disappear and was replaced with blinding hot anger and what he saw next caused him to snap and see red.

Never in his life had he felt an anger so strong for one person. Not even when his ex cheated on him and not even when his best friend killed himself, but seeing Jade passed out on the floor covered in vomit and piss cause his anger to spike to new levels he didn't even know existed.

"What the fuck." His deep voice bellowed out and his brother stopped next door and got up wondering what had made him brother sound so angry.

"Get, the, fuck, up." Marcus gently kicked Jade's side and watched as she stirred and reached for the bottle that was still in her hand.

"What the fuck." She groaned and sat up while taking a swing of whatever was in her hand with her eyes still closed unaware of Marcus standing in front of her. Marcus stood there with his arms crossed over his chest and turned around when he heard his brother come into the room and halt at what he too saw.

"Take one more swing of that and I'll put it through the fucking wall, with you following closely behind." He was done being the nice guy, he was done trying to understand what she was going through. Jade needed a kick up the fucking backside and if she hated him for it so be it.

Jade was still coming round wondering why the fuck she was up. She once again didn't remember passing out, but the foul taste that lingered in her mouth told her she had been sick again, something she had become accustomed too. She went to take another swing of her drink to get rid of the pounding in her head when she heard a deep and angry voice.

Opening her eyes the bright light blinded her, wondering who the fuck turned on the lights. She blinked a few times and when she could finally focus she saw a furious Marcus and Marco standing before her. She gave them both a sly smile saluting her bottle before taking a sip. She watched with a flash like reflex as Marcus grabbed the bottle out of her hand and threw it across the room.

Jade watched it shatter on the wall as dark liquor ran down the wall. She felt her heartache as she watched her precious medication waste away much like she was. She glanced up at Marcus with sluggish movements and saw just how angry he was. The veins in his arms were straining under his clenched fist and his eye held a fire that had her cowering in fear and lust at the same time.

"Come to join my party." She thought her words were clear, however, Marcus could barely understand a word she was saying she was that drunk.

"Just, shut the fuck up." Jade rested her head against her couch and closed her eyes and stretched her arms out hoping to find a bottle she could use to drink her problems away or drink herself stupid to avoid this situation.