twenty-seven

Blank Space: Taylor Swift

"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."
-Neil Gaiman

*

Alex's POV-

We had just arrived in Texas, feeling the hot glow of the sun already beating down on our heads.

"Welcome home," Jc whispered in my ear, causing me to smile.

"You too," I replied with a laugh.

The boys and I carried our suitcases out to the lobby of the airport, sitting down at a bench to decide what we would all do.

Jc explained how since his mom lived here that we could all stay downstairs together but most of the boys opposed.

Sam and Kian had already taken up one of the bedrooms at the hotel that the tour managers provided for us while Ricky and Jack took the other. Trevor and Connor were flying down the next day cause of their family requirements so it left me.

"Sure, as long as your mom doesn't mind me." I smiled, thankful for Jc's offer.

"No way, she'll adore you." he smirked, dragging his suitcase while motioning for me to follow to a dark gray car.

I hopped in the back seat, sliding in next to Jc, as an older women welcomed me to Texas.

"Hello honey, I'm Jc's mother."

I smiled back warmly, "Hey, I'm Alex."

"She's Jack's best friend from back home in Connecticut." Jc explains, telling her who I am so she doesn't think that I'm some insane creep that just showed up in her home.

She told me that the air mattress was in the hallway closet so that I could pull out and put it in Jc's room for later.

"Kian just texted that Jarrad came out here to meet me." I stuttered, looking up from my phone nervously.

Jc's face was a mix of emotions at first which then contorted into a brilliant smile as he told me to go, and that he'd even drop me off.

He seemed excited about it so I told him that I'd go just to give him some alone time with his parents.

I excused myself to change out of my plane clothes and into something more fitting for the hot weather. I pulled on some dark wash jean shorts and a white shirt that had the tour logo on it. I slid on my black converse high-tops and then hopped into Jc's car.

He dropped me off at the outlets, where Jarrad told me to meet him by a small bakery. I waved goodbye to Jc before heading there.

Why would Jc want me to hang out with Jarrad? He probably just wants to get rid of me, knew he didn't like me.

Jarrad spotted me as soon as I entered the cafe, motioning for me to come over and sit with him.

"Hey." I smiled, trying to be nice.

"Alex, hey there, I wanted to talk." As soon as those words came out of his mouth, my throat closed.

He likes me, not the other way around, what could he possibly want to talk about? I mean, I do kind of have a tiny crush on him...

"Uh sure." I coughed, sliding around in my seat a little after texting Jc to come back quickly.

"I don't mean to be blunt but I don't like you, I just think you're hot. I was down for a one night stand kind of deal but you're clearly not that type of girl. I'm not interested anymore so whatever this is, ends now." His smirk grew as he continuously spoke.