six

So I don't really have a regular posting schedule meaning that this will get updated whenever I have time. There's a fight going on here on my bus so it's really awkward...

The Fault In Our Stars: Troye Sivan

"Anything is possible"
-Nick Newell

~

Alex's POV-

I came back inside the house with Jc hot on my heels so that we could designate where everyone is sleeping and such. Ricky and Connor were stretched out across the leather love seat while Jack and Kian were perched in the recliners on opposite sides of the couch. Jc decided to squeeze in between Connor and Ricky so I sat on the ground facing them.

"So," Kian began banging a fist on the glass table as if he were a judge, "there are 3 bedrooms and six of us meaning two per room."

"I'll go with Alex since she's like my sister." Jack told them glancing in my direction.

Eventually, Kian ended up fighting to room with Jc against Connor, who put up a strong fight.

I dragged my suitcase into Jack and I's room that had a bed frame covered in a bulky mattress and a dark blue blow-up air mattress. The walls were painted a light shade of blue. There was two closets, one on each side of the room.

Jack ran in and flopped on the large bed, leaving me with the air mattress, which I didn't mind.

I opened the closet door to reveal multiple shelves to store my clothes. I unpacked rather quickly as I stored neat stacks of khakis, basketball shorts, cutoff tank tops, tee shirts, baseball- style shirts, and other stuff along with a few snapbacks and multiple pairs of sneakers including Vans, converse, and some Nikes in the closet swiftly.

"How's LA so far?" Jack asked once he finally finished unpacking.

"Hm, well seeing as you left me in the middle of the airport, I got an amazing tour as I walked up and down streets for almost an hour." I joked trying to make him feel guilty even though I didn't really care.

He laughed, "Very funny. You like the guys though right?"

I nodded before continuing, "They're awesome, what's not to like?"

Jack said that he was glad that I was fitting in and enjoying myself since we're living with them.

Connor came up a few minutes later, explaining that we were all going to go to the fair that was across town so that I could get to know the guys more.

~•~

A few hours later, after checking through my phone and taking a short nap, it was already time to go to the fair so I decided to change since it got cold at night. I pulled on some light wash jeans along with a long sleeve dark blue baseball style shirt.

I ran down the stairs trying to find my hightop, dark blue Adidas Supras that I left at the bottom of the stairs.

I looked at the spot where they were last only to find that they were replaced with a note. Looking around, I realized how quiet it was.

The note read:

Welcome to the O2L house. Time for a scavenger hunt for your sneakers. Have fun! The next clue lies, where Jc's smelly feet hide.

I chucked softly knowing that it was probably Ricky who wrote that as I headed toward the room that Kian and Jc now share. Inside I looked around and already their room was a huge mess, shocker.

As I was taking a glimpse of the whole room I noticed a bright yellow sticky note peeking out of a pair of worn out, navy Vans. I assumed that they were his favorite pair while I took the note out, plugging my nose because of the pungent smell. Gross.

This note read:

Now that you've been through a terrible smell, can you find the next clue by something delicious? Only time will tell.

The note ended with a smiley face that I could tell was in Jack's slightly neat handwriting. I ran downstairs and into the kitchen where I searched until I found my phone stuffed into a ham sandwich, along with the signature sticky note on top with the same rushed handwriting.

I grabbed a napkin to wipe off my phone so that it wouldn't completely smell like ham. Oh, boy, why did I agree to go move here with Jack?!