nineteen

Happy Memorial Day everyone. Thanks for over 1k reads. Love you all. Listen to the song below because it fits this chapter in my opinion. Thank you.
~k

Just For One Day: Emblem3

"we've got nothing to lose"
-emblem3

*

Jc's POV-

"My house." Matt stated with a stern look making me question what this guy does to people.

"Uh, we're good..." I said grabbing Alex by the waist and pulling her away from him.

"Not like that," he began allowing me to motion him to continue. "I have a lie detector. I want to know if you're pranking me or if little Alex is actually able to get a guy like you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Alex asked looking slightly offended from his harsh response.

He scoffed, "Open your eyes Princess. He's a famous YouTuber that absolutely every girl dreams of hooking up with. This kid has girls and photographers fawning all over him and you think that he'd pick you? Keep dreaming."

Alex swallowed hard before quickly turning on her heels and running off to a random destination.

"You know what? Alex is the coolest girl that I've ever met. She is gorgeous, funny, kind, caring, sweet, and incredibly perfect to me. She's too good for you." I snapped back annoyed with him not realizing the words that were coming out of my mouth.

"Wow. Someone-" Matt began until I interrupted cutting him off.

"And another thing, I'm the only one that gets to call her Princess." I pointed a finger at him and then began to walk away.

"Jc, wait. I saw you two around before and I'm a huge fan of you and the rest of O2L. You guys both looked so happy and I wanted to know if the rumors were true." He announced loud enough for me to hear.

"Rumors?" I questioned.

"That you and Alex are dating. Now I can confirm it's true. You obviously care about each other." His gaze fell to the floor as he toyed with his hands.

"We're not actually dating but I have to go find her!" I raced off to go find Alex.

I rushed around the hotel turning around corner after corner still finding nothing. She was nowhere to be found. I pulled out my phone and called her but there was no answer.

My mind ached as I rattled my brain to figure out where she would be. I've only known her for a month or so, but I still wouldn't be able to find her.

The phone rang three times before Jack picked up, "Hey Jc, aren't you on your date? What happened?"

My breathing was choppy as I continued rushing around the hotel and speaking to Jack. "I guess I'm not anymore. That Matt kid is a huge fan and wanted to bust the Jc and Alex rumors or prove them true. But he said a lot of crap about Alex, now I can't find her anywhere. I don't know what to do. She won't answer my calls-"

"Justin, calm down. We'll find her. She probably went outside to get some air. You check there, Kian and I will stay at the room just in case she comes back. Just, stay calm." Jack explained shutting our hotel door.

I hung up turning to the bell hop boy that had been staring at me like I'm insane. He nodded when I asked him if he saw a girl around my height with brown hair and green eyes.

I ran out seeing a ton of people milling around the front entrance that was lit by Christmas lights swung around the arch and various surrounding palm trees. The cold was starting to consume the moisture.

The cold air rushed around me turning my cheeks pink when I saw Alex leaning again one of the gold poles that support the arch looking off into the distance at the sunset. The darkness consumed us both as I joined her.

"Hey," I began trying not to scare her off. Her flannel was securely wrapped around her arms as she shook slightly.

Her eyes glanced up at me, sparkling. "Hi."

"What happened back there? You put up a strong front but I've never seen you like that." I explained laughing slightly at the beginning.

She let out a chuckle. "Yeah, I act so tough but sometimes it gets difficult. The stuff he said, it just- it- I don't want to talk about it."

Her eyes locked with mine for a mere second before she turned away. "Why not? You afraid of me finding out who you really are."

"You already know who I am, just don't like talking about my past." Alex shifts in her place tightly grasping her sleeves.

"I want you to trust me. I care about you Alex, though you may not like to believe it." I explain smiling at her softly grabbing her hand.

Her cheeks flush momentarily. "I don't trust many people, don't take it too personally. But, I do trust you."

"Good, cause I've been waiting to do this since I met you." I smirked knowing what was coming.

"What?-" I cut her off pulling her tightly against me lightly connecting our lips passionately.

Her arms moved around my neck as the lights twinkled above us keeping us in a starry daze as we pulled away.

Alex's eyes were wide as she rocked back and forth on her heels. "So, that just happened."

I bit lip speaking back. "Yeah, it did."

Neither of us said anything until our phones were both buzzing nonstop. We ignored the constant noises and just stared into each other's eyes until I decided to answer Jack's call.

Jack's POV-

"Did you find her?" My voice was calm knowing that I had a camera set up near there to capture the making of their relationship. Kian was near me, listening intently.

"Yeah, I did." His voice was warm and soft. Alex's laugh filled up the silence for a little.

"Let's give her some alone time. We should go out or something. Just you, Kian, and I." I explained knowing that Alex needed some space.

"Totally. I'll send her up and you guys can meet me down here by the entrance." He told us whispering to Alex to head up to the room.

"What happened with you two?" I raised an eyebrow smirking.

"Uh, nothing." His voice came out totally suspicious as he choked out the first part of the sentence.

We finished up the conversation then hung up. Kian and I changed quickly into jeans and long sleeve shirts to meet Jc down by the front entrance.

We decided to go to dinner since it was practically 7. It was an Italian place and it was absolutely delicious. We were laughing, joking, and talking the whole time. Jc was into but seemed partially distracted.